“The worst new building in Toronto…”

0661E13C-1F3C-4BCA-83FA-C17ECC147F13.jpeg
F2406759-93C1-47A0-8216-EFFE6721BC57.jpeg
F429F5E5-33F4-4DFD-A55B-669228E1732E.jpeg

Of course I really like the precast brick on this one (the red more than the yellow)... but what's up with huge coverage of (opaque) aluminum panels versus windows on one of the towers?

Of course I really like the precast brick on this one (the red more than the yellow)... but what's up with huge coverage of (opaque) aluminum panels versus windows on one of the towers?
That rather unfortunate section is where the uppermost Riu Hotel suites are. I wish they'd made a play for a higher percentage of window in that bit!

I dont think the towers nessessarily need more windows. I think white precast with some accents between the windows would have looked much better though

Tuesday December 27

View attachment 447468

It would have looked great if they continued some of the brick column things down to the ground.

For the record, you are 100% right. They have something mostly decent going on w/the podium and then they ruin the thing w/this terrible grade-level design; and it looks downright goofy.

The brick has really grown on me, I think it will actually look a lot better with age and some dirt (think oxidized copper, and the building in the midground pictured above). As for the aluminum atrocity that's growing out of it, all new Riu hotels have that similar white or silver aluminum box look to them, but this is the first highrise with that style. So I think the design choice can be explained at least

Back