Let's hope they don't damage the Royal Alex during construction. The foundation of another Mirvish theatre (the Ed Mirvish) was badly damaged when a condo went in beside it.

January 6, 2023: Ongoing interior demolition and removal of the Ed's Warehouse building interior. Not shown are workers continuing to set up the scaffolding in front of the building's King Street facade.

20230106_105021.jpg

20230106_105003.jpg

20230106_105008.jpg

Attachments

• 20230106_105021.jpg
    20230106_105021.jpg
    351.4 KB · Views: 57
Not a lot of ground rendering coverage shown so far, but there is this view:

View attachment 449876

Hoping for the depth of the metal panels to match these pictures! They'll look fantastic with the sunset.

Should've moved the main entrances off to Duncan St and activate King Street with high-end retail or dining. This is one of the city's most important streets surrounded by 3 of our top entertainment venues and visitors to this street gets to look into a private lobby?

Hoping for the depth of the metal panels to match these pictures! They'll look fantastic with the sunset.

Should've moved the main entrances off to Duncan St and activate King Street with high-end retail or dining. This is one of the city's most important streets surrounded by 3 of our top entertainment venues and visitors to this street gets to look into a private lobby?
There are multiple uses, so it is more than a private lobby to condos. I don't know if we'd get any interesting retail as the rents would be really high. Don't know which building, but there is some OCAD space, some art gallery space and a hotel. Something connected to the street would be ideal though.

Last edited:
Has Theatre Park been able to rent their ground floor retail after all these years? Doesn't bode well for Forma.

My understanding is that a private wine club has rented it. I don't think the issues with this CRU say anything about the future vitality of Forma's retail units -- the problems were pretty specific to this space, if memory serves.

My understanding is that a private wine club has rented it. I don't think the issues with this CRU say anything about the future vitality of Forma's retail units -- the problems were pretty specific to this space, if memory serves.
Correct. That particular space itself was *so*, objectively, terrible that even right on King, through things like TIFF, it didn't lease for almost a decade.

Back