Those 2-3 story shacks to the east and west of the site are ripe for redevelopment.

Really like how this one is shaping up.

BD3F3F1F-603B-4B99-AB77-98F983023023.jpeg

81CEDEE9-A0F2-456A-BA84-09090CD60DBD.jpeg

778F8841-AFD1-4530-BD50-A58CBCFADD3E.jpeg

5D420081-1E8C-4481-A600-7F228A7CF86D.jpeg

2B88E7C4-B8FD-4E08-87D8-05418EA14D1B.jpeg

C5FCBE9E-9B6E-41D7-B0DE-B1D6AEDB2193.jpeg

The warm greige looks infinetly better than semi glossy cool grey or powder blue with criss crossing mullions.

South of Bloor alone could use 100 more midrises/highrises like this.

Walking by this building multiple times everyday I can’t help to notice the poor quality and installation of the precast panels on so many levels.
There is an inconsistency in the colour and tone, many corners and edges are chipped or damaged, and inconsistent/irregular panel gaps throughout. Will these faults ever be fixed? Seems like it would be easier if these panels be repaired before the windows are installed.

Walking by this building multiple times everyday I can’t help to notice the poor quality and installation of the precast panels on so many levels.
There is an inconsistency in the colour and tone, many corners and edges are chipped or damaged, and inconsistent/irregular panel gaps throughout. Will these faults ever be fixed? Seems like it would be easier if these panels be repaired before the windows are installed.
Second this. Does anyone have any idea on whether they'll address the chips or stain/paint the concrete pillars so that they look uniform? Or does exterior concrete typically get left alone?

Second this. Does anyone have any idea on whether they'll address the chips or stain/paint the concrete pillars so that they look uniform? Or does exterior concrete typically get left alone?
Damage during construction happens on a routine basis, and they have ways to correct the deficiencies. When it's done you shouldn't be able to tell there were problems …unless it's not done properly.

I live across the street from this building, so have been watching it go up since the beginning.

Am I the only one that thinks it looks absolutely atrocious? Will it look better when finished? It looks like something out of Eastern Europe.

On the other hand, the WaterWorks and the new Rush Condos are just fantastic looking.

I live across the street from this building, so have been watching it go up since the beginning.

Am I the only one that thinks it looks absolutely atrocious? Will it look better when finished? It looks like something out of Eastern Europe.

On the other hand, the WaterWorks and the new Rush Condos are just fantastic looking.
Agreed that WaterWorks and Rush look fantastic... but they're both either completed or much farther along than 123 Portland. I don't think these are fair comparisons at this point.

It looks good on paper but in reality, is a bit dark and blocky like Eastern Europe communist design

I think this one is fine. I appreciate that it's kind of chunky and has a warm colour palette. It's very solid and is a nice fabric building. Once the windows are installed and they clean up and tint the precast panels, this one will be among the nicest in the neighbourhood.

One thing I enjoy about this area is that all of the buildings seem to have a different thing going on architecturally - the result is that the buildings look diverse featuring a wide range of styles and materials. This just adds to that.

Last edited:

Back