News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.4K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.7K     0 

I doubt anyone has seen Metrolinx as 'independent' for decades; it's essentially a government department where, if things go wrong, the Minister can say "I know nothing, they are an independent agency. Don't blame me!"
schults-knows-nothing.gif

I doubt anyone has seen Metrolinx as 'independent' for decades; it's essentially a government department where, if things go wrong, the Minister can say "I know nothing, they are an independent agency. Don't blame me!"

I'm not to sure too many people who understand government would be under the illusion that it is "independent". Metrolinx is a Crown Agency accountable to the Minister of Transportation.

In theory, Crown agencies are supposed to operate at arm's length, but governments interfere with the lives of their children all the time. Even Board members have to toe the line. So much of governance these days is message control and the centralization of control at the Premier/Prime Minister's office level. Typically, the ones making the decisions and giving direction are unelected party staffers.

Rob Ford's funeral was hilarious. The family is technically Catholic, but they decided to go with the Anglican church downtown as it is the most impressive with the tallest spire.

I didn’t think they were Catholic. Rob ended up coaching a Catholic school football team as he was kicked out of the TDSB system.

So far, Art Eggleton remains the only Catholic mayor Toronto’s ever had.

I didn’t think they were Catholic. Rob ended up coaching a Catholic school football team as he was kicked out of the TDSB system.

So far, Art Eggleton remains the only Catholic mayor Toronto’s ever had.
I think Renate was "Catlick" :)

Doug Ford was playing “the Godfather” when he forcefully invited a bunch of his developer “friends” to his daughter’s stag and doe party last summer:

However, multiple people who say they received direct invitations, raised concerns to Global News about the gathering, and shared their discomfort with being invited and with the overall optics of the event.

Sources tell Global News invitees were “browbeaten” into buying tickets, while large and small lobbying and government relations firms were asked to purchase tickets at $150 each, which meant they were eligible for a number of door prizes, including a Vespa scooter.

Perhaps, but that in itself makes Rob as “Catlick” as much as Doug’s wife is “Jewdish.”
OMG, yes I remember Doug’s statement about his dentist, accountant, I sat in the room, after the initial shock, I got the worst case of the giggles and the very next day we traced and fact checked the wife’s genealogy it was discovered she was an orthodox Christian 🤣🤣🤣

OMG, yes I remember Doug’s statement about his dentist, accountant, I sat in the room, after the initial shock, I got the worst case of the giggles and the very next day we traced and fact checked the wife’s genealogy it was discovered she was an orthodox Christian 🤣🤣🤣
Maybe they did 23andMe. My spouse apparently has traces of Ashkenazi Jew in his genealogy, about 15 generations back. Of course, this does not make him Jewish, but it might make a Ford Jewish. 🤣

I’m quite convinced there’s some Ashkenazi Jewish background through my maternal grandfather’s Polish heritage, but that’s merely an interesting tidbit, nothing to bring up otherwise.

Maybe they did 23andMe. My spouse apparently has traces of Ashkenazi Jew in his genealogy, about 15 generations back. Of course, this does not make him Jewish, but it might make a Ford Jewish. 🤣
Sparking the unresolved debate on whether Judaism is an ethnicity, culture or religion or bits of all three.

Doug Ford was playing “the Godfather” when he forcefully invited a bunch of his developer “friends” to his daughter’s stag and doe party last summer:

Wow. I think this is the kind of thing Gomery called 'small-town cheap'.

Does this multi-millionaire really need to shake these people down for a couple hundred bucks for his daughter?

Back