News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.4K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.7K     0 

I have to give him credit for one thing - and that’s something he said in his speech - that staying on would have caused an ongoing controversy in the city that would have distracted from governance.

And yes - tinfoil hat on - I think this was leaked by Ford’s lackeys to pull pressure off the Premier.

You don't do this at 68 for the first time.
I bet in the coming days we're going to hear about a lot of women he's hooked up with over the past few decades since he was married.
Does not mean it will be true. Guess Tory no longer wanted to play ball with the big guys and this story planted and he had to go along.

This would be an extremely early Christmas gift.

For who though. I can't see this working in progressives favour with the current state of the economy.
Could end up with a 2023 conservative replacing the 1990 one.

I have to give him credit for one thing - and that’s something he said in his speech - that staying on would have caused an ongoing controversy in the city that would have distracted from governance

Every time I hear the speech replayed I want to change "I developed a relationship with an employee in my office in a way that did not meet the standards to which I hold myself as mayor and as a family man" to "I developed a relationship with an employee in my office in a way that did not meet the standards to which I should have held myself as mayor and as a family man." He failed to hold himself to that standard until the story came out.

And yes - tinfoil hat on - I think this was leaked by Ford’s lackeys to pull pressure off the Premier.

They should have prepared him not to resign unless there is something else going on where they didn't want to rely on his guaranteed lapdoggery any more.

Wow, I don't think anyone had this on their bingo card.

In retrospect, running for a third term seems even more selfish and self-centred than I'd thought

Perhaps for the best - he didn't seem to have anything left, other than the status quo.

He knew to bury the news on a Friday night, so the timing is well planned.
Given the Star's questions to Tory, I'd think that the timing was related to the Star planning to publish a story in Saturday's paper. Though I suppose he could have done it in time for the 6 pm news. But it will be on every front page tomorrow.

We elected the guy to not be an embarrassment after Rob Ford… and then he goes and pulls a Giambrone.
I'm not sure it's comparable. Adam was single and 33. John Tory is 68 and had been married for for 45 years. John had a relationship with one of his staffers, young enough to be his daughter (well young enough to be his grand-daughter ... technically at least); Adam dated someone who wasn't working for the city. I'm not sure how single-guy might (or might not) have been dating more than one person has any comparison to married senior citizen and grandfather sexually harasses millennial.

Apple News sent out an alert. New York Times has it. It’s starting to make the rounds.
It's on the front of BBC News's website as well - https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-64606152

With this on the front of tomorrow's papers, I wonder how he'll be explaining this to his grandkids - who won't be able to avoid hearing about this.

Where did you hear about sexually harassing?
I'm yet to see an HR manual yet, where screwing you own staff isn't defined as "sexual harassment".

Good grief - I just realized that John Tory was closer in age to Hazel McCallion than his mistress.

Back