Compare the Hurontario Line with Berlin's tram line. Missing would be the shops and wide sidewalks along the street. Unless they redevelop the streetscape.
That tram line is about 3 km from the city centre (ie, closer to the centre than St Clair), whilst Hurontario is 20km out. Not exactly comparable. In Berlin that puts you on the urban boundary.

That tram line is about 3 km from the city centre (ie, closer to the centre than St Clair), whilst Hurontario is 20km out. Not exactly comparable. In Berlin that puts you on the urban boundary.
I think the point is that hurontario lrt is going through Mississaugas downtown. I know based on our previous conversations you don’t have any illusions of what it may look like but I believe the post is suggesting we strive for something better. At the very least the section between central parkway and the 403.

I'm not necessarily opposed to putting street oriented retail on Hurontario and just generally trying to make it less unpleasant. Just that we shouldn't put all our eggs in trying to make massive 6 lane arterials human-scale. We should put as much or more energy into having pleasant urban streets with minimal car traffic. It's bananas that the condo blocks around Sq One have all the retail facing the arterials like Burnhamthorpe, instead of having it more oriented to the (more walkable) interior streets.

I'm not necessarily opposed to putting street oriented retail on Hurontario and just generally trying to make it less unpleasant. Just that we shouldn't put all our eggs in trying to make massive 6 lane arterials human-scale. We should put as much or more energy into having pleasant urban streets with minimal car traffic. It's bananas that the condo blocks around Sq One have all the retail facing the arterials like Burnhamthorpe, instead of having it more oriented to the (more walkable) interior streets.
I think it’s bananas that there’s a bunch of condos on burnamthorpe with a tower in the park design.

I don’t understand these set backs with these random trees. I’d much rather have huge sidewalks and bike lanes.
460D2F0B-510D-483B-A51C-0FB5F5B008D2.jpeg

I think it’s bananas that there’s a bunch of condos on burnamthorpe with a tower in the park design.

I don’t understand these set backs with these random trees. I’d much rather have huge sidewalks and bike lanes.View attachment 457332
I won't argue with that. We could have wide sidewalks with sidewalk trees and perennial plantings say, instead of the grass. I'm clearly not advocating for tower in the park development.

If you look across the street at newer developments, you see my point.

The interior street is just townhouses and garage access.

I won't argue with that. We could have wide sidewalks with sidewalk trees and perennial plantings say, instead of the grass. I'm clearly not advocating for tower in the park development.

If you look across the street at newer developments, you see my point.

The interior street is just townhouses and garage access.
Ok I see your point. But even those townhouses at ground level have a better sidewalk and look more walkable than those older towers.

I suspect that someone has already posted where one can find the detailed section maps showing final alignment - and I'm most interested in the Port Credit section at the end of line. Can someone please repost a link to where I can find these maps.

I suspect that someone has already posted where one can find the detailed section maps showing final alignment - and I'm most interested in the Port Credit section at the end of line. Can someone please repost a link to where I can find these maps.
You can either search up the EA for the LRT, or you can go to cartometro.com to see the rough alignment.

You can either search up the EA for the LRT, or you can go to cartometro.com to see the rough alignment.
Thanks!

Also some links in this post I did:

Thanks again!

Happy to report zero movement (sarcasm) on the Port Credit push box. What gives?

View attachment 458548
The issue I know of and it could be wrong, there is a problem with the grout under the tracks with ML being very concern about it as it could cause problems for the track rail bridges.

With the tent on the box with a heater is raising a flag as that tent was over the earth area a few weeks ago with an jackhammer beside it.

The top right corner shows stair going down to the base.

I noticed on Thursday that there are an extra 2 holes being form for pier with one between the 2 to the west and at the corner that will see smaller spans. The battery in the camera die with no spare on me.to get shots.

The issue I know of and it could be wrong, there is a problem with the grout under the tracks with ML being very concern about it as it could cause problems for the track rail bridges.

You don't grout under the tracks if you are digging that area out.

You can grout on either side of the excavation, but here they've driven mini-piles instead to secure the soil.

They were supposed to start the work in earnest in early January, but were told to stand-down the crews shortly before that - I think it may have had to do with the rail workers strike. I haven't been told since when they will be starting.

Dan

Back