News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.5K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.7K     0 

I would say late 2028 for fully open and could open up in phases before then. One has to look at York BRT as well as Finch and Crosstown surface area to see how long it has/is taking for the LRT to get an handle on the timeline for Dundas. Even Hurontario can be added to that list. The first phase is to get the designing of the road done and that write off 2024 seeing construction as well when the contract is sign.

Dixie to the subway is already an 7 lane road and only a few intersections to worry about as well lack of side street. Mostly plazas driveways and this allows for a long ROW between intersections, unless the city to protect for future one like they should.

Mississauga is already replacing waterlines' on Dundas east of Dixie and this will reduce construction time for the BRT when work starts. The choke point for the BRT is between Cawthra and Mavis where major road widening will have to take place to have a centre ROW. It will be a tight fit for Hurontario area. along with turning lanes
Drum, I‘m not sure how it fits through the Cooksville area? Perhaps, like Richmond Hill, it skips a portion running through an older area.

Drum, I‘m not sure how it fits through the Cooksville area? Perhaps, like Richmond Hill, it skips a portion running through an older area.
There is really nothing remaining of the old Cooksville that will have an impact on the BRT, A few building can go easy as they are due to be replace when development happens to a point a few can be relocated on the existing lands,

The city over the decades have kill a number of projects since they were more than 6 story tall. More proposals have come and gone over the decades and that starting to change with the coming of the LRT. There is far more poetical for that area considering this is Mississauga Downtown, not Sq One.

Since this is an ML plan to have continue transit on Dundas from Toronto to Watertown, an light BRT is all that is needed west of Hurontario for the next 50 years as there is no density on it to support a true BRT or even an LRT. Going east of Hurontario has the best chance to see LRT on it

Isn't there going to be a decent amount of development along Dundas in Oakville?

How will there remain two lanes in each direction and a brt lane at hurontario and dundas.
dundas hurontario brt.PNG

Looks like demolition. From the initial draft design.

Notwithstanding the plan they have, if they wanted to avoid demolitions they could just ban left turns at the intersection to buy themselves two lanes. Then either implement a u-turn somewhere down the road or make it clear u-turns are expected at the next intersection.

So I’m assuming we will see some new buildings go up. That’s good.

Btw that weird cooksville sign on hurontario was well into winter with the C still having the fall back ground. That sign was a mistake. It’s subjectively tacky and someone has to be on the ball changing that first letter every few months. Pretty sure this won’t be the last time it’s forgotten.

Notwithstanding the plan they have, if they wanted to avoid demolitions they could just ban left turns at the intersection to buy themselves two lanes. Then either implement a u-turn somewhere down the road or make it clear u-turns are expected at the next intersection.
There is zero chance in Mississauga that they make driving more difficult. Even though funnelling people onto confederation might not be a bad idea.

There is really nothing remaining of the old Cooksville that will have an impact on the BRT, A few building can go easy as they are due to be replace when development happens to a point a few can be relocated on the existing lands,

The city over the decades have kill a number of projects since they were more than 6 story tall. More proposals have come and gone over the decades and that starting to change with the coming of the LRT. There is far more poetical for that area considering this is Mississauga Downtown, not Sq One.

Since this is an ML plan to have continue transit on Dundas from Toronto to Watertown, an light BRT is all that is needed west of Hurontario for the next 50 years as there is no density on it to support a true BRT or even an LRT. Going east of Hurontario has the best chance to see LRT on it
The city has the power to force the owners to demolish their properties in order to make more room for the brt? And at the same time the city has the power to reject common sense development heights? How do those two things work together.

In theory, they could limit the demolition to one side of Dundas to widen the ROW up to the OP width of 42m. My guess would be the south side.

Given this is a design build contract, I think the decision may be made by the winning consortium.

Will they fall on their knees and genuflect as they give single--occupant motorists their left turn ahead of the crowds on board the bus trying to get to the other side of the intersection? Or will they have REAL transit priority traffic signals?

From the tender:
Through lanes will be 3.35 metre in width, while curb lanes will be 3.5 metre in width as a minimum. The road will be designed to a design speed of 70 kilometres per hour and a posted speed of 50 to 60 kilometres per hour.

These specs don't seem conducive towards a pleasant, let alone safe, street environment. In fact, calling this a street is a stretch. In my estimation, if the design speed is 70, then that's the speed people will drive at.

From the tender:

These specs don't seem conducive towards a pleasant, let alone safe, street environment. In fact, calling this a street is a stretch. In my estimation, if the design speed is 70, then that's the speed people will drive at.
I’m wondering if they are copying aspects from York Region’s VIVA plans.

Back