Waterfrontoronto's Capital Plan shows the terminal is unfunded currently, though there is a planning exercise on scalability and phasing in this year's budget.

That said, aspirationally, they have construction money penciled in for 2024:

View attachment 408103
Meanwhile, thousands of people lined up for hours to get on a ferry continue to be left to roast in the sun - nothing to see here, folks! As you were - you're gonna get involuntary tans and you're gonna like it!

Meanwhile, thousands of people lined up for hours to get on a ferry continue to be left to roast in the sun - nothing to see here, folks! As you were - you're gonna get involuntary tans and you're gonna like it!

A couple of private developments, which have not gone forward, were supposed to contribute funds for the terminal via S.37. I imagine those funds were not forthcoming.

In respect of the City, our new Mayor is facing a steep challenge in terms of how short of money the City is; I can tell you right now departments are looking at (figuratively for now) at selling the furniture to keep the lights on.

The City is set to drain a huge amount of its reserves just to balance this year's budget.

Items already approved for this year are being deferred.

WT is likely to see an injection of new funds with a renewed tripartite agreement.

However, when that does happen, it not only faces a long list of currently unfunded projects, but likely an expanded mandate that will see it spending money in Scarborough and Etobiocoke.

Last edited:
A couple of private developments, which have not gone forward, were supposed to contribute funds for the terminal via S.37. I imagine those funds were not forthcoming.

In respect of the City, our new Mayor is facing a steep challenge in terms of how short of money the City is; I can tell you right now departments are looking at (figuratively for now) at selling the furniture to keep the lights on.

The City is set to drain a huge amount of its reserves just to balance this year's budget.

Items already approved for this year are being deferred.

WT is likely to see an injection of new funds with a renewed tripartite agreement.

However, when that does happen, it not only faces a long list of currently unfunded projects, but likely an expanded mandate that will see it spending money in Scarborough and Etobiocoke.
Etobicoke?? On what?

Etobicoke?? On what?

There is no public list yet.

But I think it would be safe to say there are ideas floating............ concerning continuous Waterfront Trail; additional parkland, and fostering additional density in places yet to see that.

Etobicoke?? On what?

AoD

AoD

This is the bit that would interest you most:

1689094964566.png

IF you want more insight into what's being looked at..........the best I can do is point you here:

No, @Metroscapes is not working this file directly, so far as I know, LOL

But yes, his work did percolate...... and might inform what happens next.

Off topically: It would be nice if The City tells the Province where to stuff its budget requirements...

...more on topic though, what's with that hollowed out Death Star thingy picted on the previous page? Looks like something dragged in from bad flooding. >.<

The Sundial Folly is a great place to get away from it all if one is not up for a ferry ride to the island. Probably one of the reasons why I trek out to it is one can get away from the swarms and hordes of people yet still be in walking distance of them and public transit. I'm just disappointed that the water isn't running and the fact that it was only 2 years ago that it was refurbished. Hoping that it doesn't follow the trend of other water features in the city where broken tends to lead to forgotten and never see water flowing again.

The Sundial Folly is a great place to get away from it all if one is not up for a ferry ride to the island. Probably one of the reasons why I trek out to it is one can get away from the swarms and hordes of people yet still be in walking distance of them and public transit. I'm just disappointed that the water isn't running and the fact that it was only 2 years ago that it was refurbished. Hoping that it doesn't follow the trend of other water features in the city where broken tends to lead to forgotten and never see water flowing again.

I didn't know the water was off again.......... :mad:

This is why I took pictures of it and posted it. It's bone dry and weeds are growing.

I missed that, as I missed the original post, and just caught the 'death star' reference and fetched the explainer to reply.

Hmmm.

Sundial Folly does not have it own line item in PF&R's 10-year Capital Plan, but I thinking it may be buried in this category: (pink highlight)

1689106310408.png

Those are 2 of the 3 instances in which this category is present with funding for the current year, the other is a 1M line item.

Side note, restoration of the Boardwalk in Habour Square Park is funded for this year. (presuming that isn't deferred w/all the City's challenges. )

Back