Because that'd how I feel about them in my opinion here. And I'm pretty sure I'm not the only one...

...to be clear though, I don't feel the same way about Mr. Bozikovic. And I like to think I appreciate him posting here, because I least to see his views for free. 😸

for me, i refuse to pay for g&m because of their right wing slant If they want money they shouldnt so biased.
I pay for torstar because of how good their reporting is

Yes. The idea of paying to read the news in the internet age seems absurd to me.
To me, quality content costs money and pays for the journalists. If you want free news, you get BlogTO quality.

I pay for some (G&M and TorStar), but I understand why people might not want to.

Anyway, in this case, Alex Bozikovic posted snapshots of his OpEd in a thread on Twitter (or X).

Exhibition Park Place used to be the Garrison Grounds for the "New" Fort York (of which the Stanley Barracks only remain). The federal government allowed the city of Toronto to use the garrison grounds for the Toronto Industrial Exhibition.
18-1879_1400.jpg
From link.

Over the years, the garrison grounds were taken over.
19-1910_1400.jpg

20-1940_1400.jpg

Then came the asphalt and Gardiner Expressway...
21-1963_1400.jpg
These maps are great and it would be nice to see 2023 drawn to the same scale (wondering where the Shell Tower went in the 1963 plan). They illustrate the gradual degradation of Exhibition Place and also emphasize, to my mind, that any discussion of the future of Ontario Place should be including Exhibition Place in the "vision". They also illustrate the hypocrisy of the City politicians in their objection to the Therme plan over the grounds of privatization, architecture, loss of parkland and heritage when they have been horrible stewards of EP. Hotel X in terms of scale and architecture (and back-room deals) hardly shows that the city planners or politicians are speaking from a position of virtue.

These maps are great and it would be nice to see 2023 drawn to the same scale (wondering where the Shell Tower went in the 1963 plan). They illustrate the gradual degradation of Exhibition Place and also emphasize, to my mind, that any discussion of the future of Ontario Place should be including Exhibition Place in the "vision". They also illustrate the hypocrisy of the City politicians in their objection to the Therme plan over the grounds of privatization, architecture, loss of parkland and heritage when they have been horrible stewards of EP. Hotel X in terms of scale and architecture (and back-room deals) hardly shows that the city planners or politicians are speaking from a position of virtue.
Much of the former garrison grounds have become parking. We continue to see that with Ontario Place's parking. Those parking lots have become a barrier for those who take public transit and have to crawl across the series of asphalt deserts to reach Ontario Place, previously and likely continuing.

Metrolinx claims to be working on a transit solution for the last (half) mile but I suspect it will involve painting the sidewalk Tory Blue and naming it after a land developer in exchange for a donation.
Theyve been saying that for 4 years now, though a recent document showed some kind of zoo-like tram for the trek between ontario place and exhibition

Back