The Indigo is not open but there is visible progress. The scaffolding underneath the bridges in the atrium are going to come down soon as the wood finish is done. Nice touch. I also stopped at Café blu blu on my way down and had a phenomenal French toast. Is Bathurst the next Ossington? Lol! Taken 14 October.

IMG_4474.jpeg
IMG_4470.jpeg

I saw Emergence up close today, and it’s pretty cool! Almost everyone passing by stopped to take a look - even the security guards. Great details - think there’s a whole chess set of pieces visible, but didn’t confirm. Kids will love it.

And lol - the sign is just a piece of cardboard that is placed on the sculpture. Don’t think it’s going to last long!

As much as I think this sculpture is super super cool, I worry that the nooks and crannies will get very dirty and filled with garbage. Is there a cleaning plan or something? Is that something the Well ownership group would be in charge of?

Just looking at that photo, I thought, what a great project. I have a hope that the Well is a game-changer, architecture-wise, for the city as a whole. Planned communities can be dynamic and pedestrian-focused! They can use heritage-inspired elements without seeming cartoony! They can create spaces that have different scales that feel both exciting and comforting!

Today. Indigo is fully stocked but not open yet - maybe waiting for other tenants so there’s more foot traffic?

IMG_9872.jpeg

Speaking of tenants, these are the ones opening in the food hall next month

IMG_9874.jpeg

Elsewhere, some stores are being fitted out for opening, restricting some access through the galleria

IMG_9875.jpeg

IMG_9873.jpeg

The escalators at the entrance are operational. Passersby are allowed to use them to explore the 2nd floor, although access is limited to pretty much the front third (maybe even fourth) of the galleria. There’s a curious sign pointing to the (not yet accessible) Terrace, although I couldn’t see where that might be. Unless it’s the name of the 38th floor restaurant operated by O&B?

IMG_9880.jpeg

IMG_9878.jpeg

IMG_9879.jpeg

Back