News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.7K     0 

Status
Not open for further replies.
not according to City's Building Permit system

http://app.toronto.ca/ApplicationStatus/details.do?folderRsn=2326089

Info derived from website minutes ago ...

Ward 27: Toronto Centre-Rosedale

Description: Demolition permit for 709 Yonge - 711 - 713 Yonge, and 14 Hayden.- (PHASE 2)

Building Application Status (Demolition Permit)
Application: Demolition Folder (DM) Status: Permit Issued
Application#: 08 146191 DEM 00 DM Issued Date: Apr 28, 2008

Description: Part Permit - Proposal to construct a 4 sty podium consisting of retail and hotel/residential area & 5 levels of below grade parking. NOTE: Future 77 sty tower to follow as PHASE 2.

Building Application Status (for Shoring Permit)
Application: Partial Permit Status: Under Review
Application#: 08 201447 SHO 00 PP Accepted Date: Sep 9, 2008

Building Application Status (Foundation Permit)
Application: Partial Permit Status: Not Started
Application#: 08 201447 FND 00 PP Accepted Date: Sep 9, 2008

Building Application Status (Full Structure Permit)
Application: New Building Status: Not Started
Application#: 08 201447 BLD 00 NB Accepted Date: Sep 9, 2008

wow just realise this now ... the building permit application (for Shoring aka excavation, foundation, and structure) was just submitted couple ~2 weeks ago ... hmm it may be too early to tell when construction would ACUTALLY start (assuming financing is secured)

I was just at the site a couple of hours ago and the demo company was digging out the basement of the old Shoe Company building. Maybe somebody mistook that for excavation.

not according to City's Building Permit system

http://app.toronto.ca/ApplicationStatus/details.do?folderRsn=2326089

Info derived from website minutes ago ...

Ward 27: Toronto Centre-Rosedale

Description: Demolition permit for 709 Yonge - 711 - 713 Yonge, and 14 Hayden.- (PHASE 2)

Building Application Status (Demolition Permit)
Application: Demolition Folder (DM) Status: Permit Issued
Application#: 08 146191 DEM 00 DM Issued Date: Apr 28, 2008

Description: Part Permit - Proposal to construct a 4 sty podium consisting of retail and hotel/residential area & 5 levels of below grade parking. NOTE: Future 77 sty tower to follow as PHASE 2.

Building Application Status (for Shoring Permit)
Application: Partial Permit Status: Under Review
Application#: 08 201447 SHO 00 PP Accepted Date: Sep 9, 2008

Building Application Status (Foundation Permit)
Application: Partial Permit Status: Not Started
Application#: 08 201447 FND 00 PP Accepted Date: Sep 9, 2008

Building Application Status (Full Structure Permit)
Application: New Building Status: Not Started
Application#: 08 201447 BLD 00 NB Accepted Date: Sep 9, 2008

It seems like they have divided this development into 2 phases,excavation would probably start imediatly,build to the 4th level of the podium and then announce phase 2 thereafter.This would give Bazis a bit of time to secure finances to proceed with the tower.

Guys hold up

Rubble must be leveled off first. there is a caison wall to be installed which would take about 2 or 3 months then and only then can excavation start.

I believe the first week in October will be when we find out which European hotel chain will occupy the first 16 floors, and excavation permits will be issued shortly thereafter (if not before). Therefore, I believe excavation will begin by early December. Bazis has moved quickly on 'Crystal Blu', and, given the city backs this project, I don't see any reason why things will be much different with 1BE.;)

I guess we know what happened to mid-August.. hehehe

LOL...the agent did say there would be an announcement by mid-August. She was off with the timing, but my hunch is she was right about the pending hotel announcement with a European brand being the tenant. Since a hotel was part of the plan in the first place, and since all indicators are that the project will proceed, then the planned October announcement seems like a perfect time to spill the beans and add excitement.

EllisDon is now on site. I talked to one of the supervisors and he said they would take over as soon as Priestly finishes digging out the basements of the buildings that were demolished. I asked him how long to complete the building and he said 4 to 5 years.

good to hear ... the time period quotes seems reasonable given the size of the project

I guess its a good sign EllisDon is showing up on site ... perhaps putting an end to the rumour of this project being cancelled/sold

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back