New renderings from Tribute Communities for Vupoint condos tower 2
F976ED0D-478D-4904-BE35-8EB7AF9F8D6F.jpeg
F572D24D-2632-4C9D-B362-68C1D68FADD5.jpeg
B4CC1045-7E96-4BFF-8686-7009E0AE9BB5.jpeg

Approved at Pickering Council June6 by a vote of 5-1.
27 units to Habitat for Humanity.
Walnut Lane Extension going to council June27th.
From what i could interpret from the council agenda and the report, the walnut lane extension should start construction next year.
"Schedule and Cost This project could proceed to Detail Design and construction in 2022-2023, subject to council and budgetary approvals. Construction could start in 2023 and is anticipated to take approximately one year to complete."

Last edited:
Not sure if this is for walnut lane extension (planned this year) but I think safe to say shovels in the ground!
It’s confirmed, site alteration work is almost complete. Vupoint towers has begun. This will be the first tower above 40 storeys built in Durham. It’s crazy how times have changed. I remember when 25-storeys was considered high lol.
6455D0CD-20F1-4B76-909E-D040766A22E6.jpeg

The city held a special council meeting today to discuss the Walnut Lane extension project, which will extend from Liverpool Road to Kingston Road. Tribute will be tendering the project, but the lowest bids were about a million dollars over budget. The total cost of the project is over 8 million dollars, with the majority of the costs being for the bridge over Pine Creek.

To save on costs, one of the items recommended and voted on was to remove the multi-use pathway, which represented $120k in costs, and replace it with on-street bike lanes. However, this recommendation was struck down and the multi-use pathway was funded from reserve to keep it in the project. It's nice to see that all but one councillor (if you live in Pickering, you know who) agreed to commit to the recreation of its residents, especially for such a large project in a city where recreational infrastructure has been and still is quite an afterthought.

Back