LATE reply. I was just searching the forums for info on that branch of the trail that dead ends behind the new condo on Keele (The Keeley, oof) right where you've circled. It's bizarre as you take this nicely paved trail east towards Keele thinking that at least it will connect to the road, but nope, you are stopped by construction fencing with no signage or warnings. Do you know if this state of affairs was caused by the condo not giving access, or did the TRCA just think it was a great idea to have a dead-end trail, or hope they could push it through in the future. I have an email into TRCA and Pasternak about this, but not sure I'll get anywhere over the holidays!

Not sure; thumbed through my records, the last mention of it I see in the TRCA docs have it listed as a project connecting to Keele, and a time frame of 2019-2021 at a cost of $550,000.

But I don't see the project referenced subsequently.

The project manager at the time was Carrie Smith; not sure, offhand if Carrie is still w/TRCA. (they have high staff turnover)

416-661-6600 Ext. 5532

carrie.smith@trca.on.ca

Hopefully, you're inquiries will yield a useful update. Thanks for making them! (ps. Council Committees are meeting again starting on the 8th, I think many staff will be back starting later today. Staff w/young kids will try to match time off to the school break, if they can.

Not sure; thumbed through my records, the last mention of it I see in the TRCA docs have it listed as a project connecting to Keele, and a time frame of 2019-2021 at a cost of $550,000.

But I don't see the project referenced subsequently.

The project manager at the time was Carrie Smith; not sure, offhand if Carrie is still w/TRCA. (they have high staff turnover)

416-661-6600 Ext. 5532

carrie.smith@trca.on.ca

Hopefully, you're inquiries will yield a useful update. Thanks for making them! (ps. Council Committees are meeting again starting on the 8th, I think many staff will be back starting later today. Staff w/young kids will try to match time off to the school break, if they can.
Yes her name and email was on the sign I found, and I reached out. Maybe she still works there ! :) Incidentally I also posted this in the thread for the specific The Keeley development. While looking at their site, I saw a rendering clearly showing a wooded path through from the trail to Keele Street. They also have some text talking about how they are connected to the ravines behind them, so I think it lies in the builder's court to complete and open their bit of the trail. It's unfortunate that it's sat as a dead end for 2.5 years though!

Yes her name and email was on the sign I found, and I reached out. Maybe she still works there ! :) Incidentally I also posted this in the thread for the specific The Keeley development. While looking at their site, I saw a rendering clearly showing a wooded path through from the trail to Keele Street. They also have some text talking about how they are connected to the ravines behind them, so I think it lies in the builder's court to complete and open their bit of the trail. It's unfortunate that it's sat as a dead end for 2.5 years though!
The official route of that trail is a dead end for a while now. However just before there is an off road route that goes into the parking lot of the adjacent property and lets you get to Keele.

The official route of that trail is a dead end for a while now. However just before there is an off road route that goes into the parking lot of the adjacent property and lets you get to Keele.
Yes I mentioned in my first post on this (I think). It's not an official route though, it's an unpaved muddy cut through a parking lot. So I feel like TRCA and users in general would feel like that could and should be improved.

So I take it that Bombardier has opened its new facility at Pearson. Anyone know when they hand over the Downsview building to Northcrest as the next phase of development can’t begin until that happens.

And just some additional information. Is it time to create a West District sub-thread? To put this into context they are initially planning for 13,000 residents and 6,000 jobs which would put it up with CityPlace! In addition one can expect a library, community centre, schools etc.

IMG_6172.png

Last edited:

Back