Taken 25 February. You could have projections/art/climbers on the western side as well.

IMG_7555.jpeg
IMG_7556.jpeg
IMG_7557.jpeg
IMG_7558.jpeg

A lot of industrial plants ended up as abandoned ruins because of a company's demise. Interestingly enough, in this case, Canada Malting still exists.

@bowen I assume they had no qualms with restoring the sign? It seems like great exposure for them.
The may look at it as publicly paid for free advertising, for good or bad.

Does anyone recall the name of the Swedish cultural organization that the city is working with? Thanks!

Does anyone recall the name of the Swedish cultural organization that the city is working with? Thanks!

I think you mean:

Trans Europe Halle

I think you mean:

Trans Europe Halle

That’s it. Tak!

For those that can't access this it just announces that the Irish government has given $2m to the Corleck Centre to the west of the Silos. I can't wait to take courses on Georgian Dublin and Modernist Buildings in Irish Cities after the War. And as descendent of North Irish immigrants at the turn of the last century I hope (and may fundraise) for a small selection on the architecture of Northern Ireland, especially Belfast which has one of the world's largest collection of intact Georgian structures in the world!

Last edited:

For those that can't access this it just announces that the Irish government has given $2m to the Corleck Centre to the west of the Silos. I can't wait to take courses on Georgian Dublin and Modernist Buildings in Irish Cities after the War. And as descendent of North Irish immigrants at the turn of the last century I hope (and may fundraise) for a small selection on the architecture of Northern Ireland, especially Belfast which has one of the world's largest collection of intact Georgian structures in the world!
I lived in Belfast until I was 28 and visit from time to time, though the City certainly has some great examples of architecture and some is certainly Georgian, I have never heard or thought of the City as having a large collection of it - and I was a founding member of the Ulster Architectural Heritage Society ( https://www.ulsterarchitecturalheritage.org.uk/ ) . Dublin has, or had before the huge development surge of the late 20th century, LOTS of Georgian houses, rows, squares and public buildings.

Back