Reve Floorplans and the Grand Opening

Link to floorplans please?

Registrants have already been downloading the price list and brochures (there has been about 30 GB of downloads up to Monday night and links to the download are appearing on other realtors' sites - revealed through my traffic logs and a Google search).

New registrants are getting emailed links to the downloads however you can find links to download in the Reve Projects thread on UT.

A lineup did form by realtors. They have some elaborate system set up for maintaining their spot for this Saturday's Grand Opening but we're discouraging the practice for security and safety reasons.

Plans are being put in place in the event of large crowds for Saturday.

The opening on Saturday will be both video and photo-blogged. Follow it on http://560front.com/blog.

Last edited:
Is this still happening in this city? Or is this just a marketing ploy?

I don't see why this is a surprise.

I know a real estate investor who bought units at Pulse and the Tridel building near Yonge and Finch. When the buildings were completed, he made a handsome gain (>30%) when he sold his units at both buildings after 2.5years.

this investor just bought new units at Yonge and Sheppard (Minto and I forget the other one) at over $430/sq ft. I live in the area and I can't imagine how this investor will make a profit on a purchase of a 630 sq ft condo for $280K at freaking Yonge & Shepp? But hey, let's see in a couple years if this 630 sq ft condo will be worth more than $300K LOL...i sure hope to see the same appreciation of my unit.

Last edited:
Does Tridel usually make their estimate completion date?

I know they got a good reputation as far as quality is concerned but as I'm getting married next year the most we would want to wait is a year (summer 2011) for a project to be completed.

I also fear that this project will be sold out before I can even make it to their office.

I don't see why this is a surprise.

I know a real estate investor who bought units at Pulse and the Tridel building near Yonge and Finch. When the buildings were completed, he made a handsome gain (>30%) when he sold his units at both buildings after 2.5years.

this investor just bought new units at Yonge and Sheppard (Minto and I forget the other one) at over $430/sq ft. I live in the area and I can't imagine how this investor will make a profit on a purchase of a 630 sq ft condo for $280K at freaking Yonge & Shepp? But hey, let's see in a couple years if this 630 sq ft condo will be worth more than $300K LOL...i sure hope to see the same appreciation of my unit.

The Hullmark Centre's price for a 675 s.f. 1 bedroom + den unit is priced at $355,000 = $526/s.f. without parking space and parking space is $30,000. Attached thumbnail is the Hullmark Centre's current price list. I can foresee the condo prices rapid increase in the next couple of years along the Yonge subway line & downtown Toronto.

Attachments

• Hullmark Centre Price List.JPG
    Hullmark Centre Price List.JPG
    57.7 KB · Views: 453
Last edited:
I was thinking of the 2A+D, any comments about that suite?

Why is there such a hype about Reve? Is there something others know but I dont?

2A+D is good choice.

Reve's prices are more affordable for people who wants to live in luxury condo.

Last edited:

contrary to what Ore says, IMO this is not a luxury building; nor is the 2A + D a good layout as it is, but with some modifications it could be. it's ridiculous that they even try squeezing in 2 bedrooms, 2 baths + 1 den in 770 SF.

$370+K for 770 SF = ~$480 PSF starting on the 3rd floor (add ~$15 per floor) ... that's not what i consider 'affordable' for an AVERAGE building ... 'luxury' this is NOT.

RE: layout
  • one has to walk thru the unit into the den to reach the main entry closet (3 ft wide);
  • the LR lacks wallspace (6 ft) for TV/entertainment centre, and it is completely offset;
  • 2nd bedroom is really small at 9 ft x 9 ft ... won't fit more than double bed + small side tables, and only has 4 ft closet space;

too bad the HVAC system can't be moved either to the front of the suite, or 4 ft closer to the bathroom wall ...
  • that way the 2nd bedroom could be enlarged to 9 ft x 15 ft with 6.5 ft closet ( 9 ft x 13 ft with 6.5 ft x 4 ft walk-in);
  • the entry closet would be larger (4ft) + face opposite the W/D with washroom door moved in,
  • more wallspace in LR

If the walls of the second bedroom were to extend all the way down so that the den area became part of the bedroom, wouldnt the value of the unit itself go down? Without the den?

I totally agree with the wall space issue. Unless one decides to put the tv against the master bedroom wall..

Oh and i've heard rumors about Tridel "selling out" this grand opening weekend. Does anyone think that is really the case? Could they actually get sold out this weekend?

If the walls of the second bedroom were to extend all the way down so that the den area became part of the bedroom, wouldnt the value of the unit itself go down? Without the den?

I totally agree with the wall space issue. Unless one decides to put the tv against the master bedroom wall..

re: value
it depends on the unit and layout ... i think it's unreasonable to even try to make and market 770 SF as 2 b + d /2 bath ... the rooms are too small to be all functional.
i value the ability to use the space better as 2 bedroom than 2 b + den.
if you were to rent out a room in the future, i don't know what market there is for small bedroom.

the problem about extending the wall with this unit is the HVAC system since it would impede into the 2nd bedroom unless it was moved as suggested (and that could be a structural/mechanical issue).

if you placed the tv against the master bedroom wall, the sofa would block access to the 2nd bedroom since the width of the LR is only 10ft.

Last edited:

This suite is not a 2 bedroom plus den. When I looked at it, I immediately thought the 9x9 bedroom should be eliminated entirely and the HVAC unit moved to the left side of the room. This opens this up but whether or not the bulkheads can work is another issue.

This is a general tendency that most of the developers like to design smaller size units for the market because smaller size units‘ prices sound more affordable and popular when people look at the absolute amount. Please keep in mind that Tridel priced great for this building and I believe it get sold very fast.

I'd like to get the 1D for myself to live in, can anyone give me some suggestions and comment on this layout?

hi Jennyliu87, welcome to UT.

IMO alot of the plans suck ...
narrow and long units, linear kitchens, bedroom doors opening into LR, 2 bedroom + den units that should only be 2 bed units, 3 bedroom units with 2 mini-bedrooms,

a few of the floorplans that i think are okay:
1D, 1J+D, 1L+T (w/ slight modification),
2B+T, 3C+T, 3D+T, 3E+T (w/ slight modification), 3F (w/ slight modification), 3H+D, 3H1+D

1D PROS:
  • U-shaped kitchen with good countertop and storage space;
  • LR/DR is good size of 10'0" x 17'0" (breakfast bar depth reduced overall length);
  • good size bedroom with ~ 7ft closet space will fit at least a queen-size bed;

1D CONS:
  • small entry closet ~ 3ft wide

good luck on your prospective purchase ... another poster indicated there were already 50 realtors lined outside the presentation centre.

The comment about 50 realtors lined up is not entirely accurate. Every morning this week at 10am, realtors are meeting at Tridel's office to self-regulate a line-up system that dissolves once the official roll call is sorted out.

Why is this happening? Cheap prices for investors and those who want to jump into the market.

Back