X Standing Tall:

4120133793_bcd67d460e_b.jpg

X Standing Tall:

4120133793_bcd67d460e_b.jpg

I weep when I think of what X2 will do to your view. It would be like getting a diagnosis of late stage macular degeneration.

I don't care to hear from those cynics who will say "If you wanted a preserved view, you should have bought in the country. This is the city."

I don't believe with proper planning that that has to be true. Vancouver manages a version of sight-lines to preserve mountain views or whatnot.

And if I had been a purchaser in the southwest corner of X, I would have much preferred to have X2 directly south and across from me, blocking a piece of the lake view (A piece that is not that spectacular, just ask MikeinTO about that) and a view you could look just to the left of X2 and still see miles of lake. All the while, conserving one of the most spectacular views for X owners.

All three towers: Couture, X and X2, if built fronting Jarvis, would all have managed to have that spectacular view for the west and south-west suites. But some dumbass got his way and beauty is destroyed for money.

It makes me sick to my stomach. :mad:

Aww... poor mike :(

First X disrupted the balance of his view... Now X2 will dominate it...

**This view will disappear for poor Mike once X2 is built :(

Sorry mate... you're kinda out of luck on this one :eek:

***RBC/Ritz look great on either side of the CN Tower!

X from CASA. Two head turners two blocks apart. What are the chances of that? Charles St. East is turning into a very interesting street.

Not to mention X2, and don't forget Charles St. West!

X Balcony dividers

Finally we can see the remaining partition on the balcony dividers and it is frosted glass and...floor to ceiling...Xcellent..this makes the balconies almost loggia/private. The solid divider then 2 feet of the frosted glass to the ceiling. No open gaps at the bottom or top.
You can see it on the fourth floor south units. And from someone who bought south facing , I am not crying over X2 and the "loss of some view" that we will have. It is true..if you live downtown in a city you always risk having another building go up opposite/beside you...that is "city" period. And they did plan it well having it staggered a bit opposite , this way the new X2 north units will not look directly into X and X south units will not look directly into X2. And when one will look to the side and see the other building it will be something nice to see. The response to X2 seems incredible..lineups already . The fact that one can see the spectacular , almost completed (outside) X is a big draw to potential X2 buyers. And Charles Street East now with X, Casa and then X2 will as Androiduk stated , be a very interesting street. X is indeed standing very tall and spectacular.

Last edited:
The response to X2 seems incredible..lineups already . The fact that one can see the spectacular , almost completed (outside) X is a big draw to potential X2 buyers. And Charles Street East now with X, Casa and then X2 will as Androiduk stated , be a very interesting street. X is indeed standing very tall and spectacular.

Im loving this. Even though I didnt buy my unit as an investment, it's great to see increased demand (or should I say increased prices) for this area and especially for Great Gulf projects.

...Now if only Toronto Hydro would fix up that soulless substation next door. All over the city, they put up buildings to blend into their surroundings. Here, it's just an bland grey wall, with a littered lawn frequented by dogs relieving themselves and one or two homeless campers. Despite a garbage can out front, the property's an eyesore. OK, maybe that's a bit harsh, but I wish they'd take better care off it. (The Gerstein property also looks neglected, with garbage frequently strewn about.)

Last edited:
Hydro station

...Now if only Toronto Hydro would fix up that soulless substation next door. All over the city, they put up buildings to blend into their surroundings. Here, it's just an bland grey wall, with a littered lawn frequented by dogs relieving themselves and one or two homeless campers. Despite a garbage can out front, the property's an eyesore. OK, maybe that's a bit harsh, but I wish they'd take better care off it. (The Gerstein property also looks neglected, with garbage frequently strewn about.)

No you are not being harsh. Absolutely correct in that they (hydro)should take better care of the property and keep it clean. And that includes the homeless "campers"...they leave garbage..they don't use the one trash bin that is there. I went by today and what did I see..2 old filthy sleeping bags and a soiled mattress right against the wall of the building, and garbage on the lawn..an eyesore definately. The building itself could be much nicer to look at agree , and the lawn area could be a really nice spot if tended to and made more appealing..a few benches/parkette..more of a spot passerby's would stop at.I think some of it has to do with that "rooming type house" next to the hydro station. But I daresay this may all take care of itself once X2 is up...lets see.

Last edited:
No you are not being harsh. Absolutely correct in that they (hydro)should take better care of the property and keep it clean. And that includes the homeless "campers"...they leave garbage..they don't use the one trash bin that is there. I went by today and what did I see..2 old filthy sleeping bags and a soiled mattress right against the wall of the building, and garbage on the lawn..an eyesore definately. The building itself could be much nicer to look at agree , and the lawn area could be a really nice spot if tended to and made more appealing..a few benches/parkette..more of a spot passerby's would stop at.I think some of it has to do with that "rooming type house" next to the hydro station. But I daresay this may all take care of itself once X2 is up...lets see.

That property has been poorly maintained for years and in the winter it's a dumping site for snow. The front needs to be regraded, re-sodded and perhaps an attractive iron type fence put up around the property with locked, gated entrances where the driveways are.

Strangely enough another area that attracts a young, sketchy crowd is in front of the Post Office on Charles Street. I don't get that one.

That property has been poorly maintained for years and in the winter it's a dumping site for snow. The front needs to be regraded, re-sodded and perhaps an attractive iron type fence put up around the property with locked, gated entrances where the driveways are.

Strangely enough another area that attracts a young, sketchy crowd is in front of the Post Office on Charles Street. I don't get that one.

Well, -it's pretty much across the street from that homeless? shelter (The Sanctuary)

^ All the kids outside the post office come from the YMCA next door. They're not allowed to smoke in front of the Y so that's where they go. The front of the post office btw is very poorly maintained. I'd rather see it sodded over and fenced off.

Back