It's hard to compare $1000 per sq foot of penthouse here with $1000 sqf in a luxury condo.

Here you are getting the most amazing view with floor to glass windows spanning your unit. 10' ceilings and equivalent finishes to the four seasons (according to the sales centre). Plus you're getting a stunning private rooftop terrace and a sun room. Compared to the same price in an ultra luxury condo where you'll be getting none of that but will be living in a building where likely none of the units are under a million dollars and the services and ammenities show for that with a fancy valet etc. It's really hard to compare...I guess you justify it based on your preference. Nicer unit (based on the ammount of glass and view, awesome terrace and sunroom) vs. being in a more upscale building.

Great point. Some people feel that when spending that kind of money they only want to associate with those that also can afford such prices. They would opt for the luxury condo. Then there are those who like to be the big fish in the small pond. They love living in the penthouse suite in a building with mediocre finishes.

My question is which is better for resale? I would think it would be the luxury condo. But I have no facts to back it up. Thoughts?

What incredibly mediocre finishes! Amana appliances? Standard issue bathroom, although I like the black tile (I presume that was an upgrade). While the balcony is nice and the views great, the interior is decidedly mid-level. I'd be pissed to have that at the prices they're asking.

Simlus, I need to correct you on a few things here:

All appliances are basically made by the same companies today...the standard appliances offered here were basically the lower end although not "budget" stainless steel. For example the dishwasher is non steel interior...a plastic interior Amana isn't much different from a plastic interior whirlpool. You could purchase a kitchen aid upgrade that was a higher level line but the price wasn't worth it.

Glad that you like the black tile in the shower, however this was in face a STANDARD option. I would also like to point out that there were many nice standard options and I got to see into another unit that had a cream tile in the shower that looked gorgeous compared to how it looked from a sample piece.

I don't know what you mean about nice view lol...I guess that's just the result of having a corner floor to ceiling glass unit but I'm on a low floor without much of a view of anything....now wait til you see the higher floor corner units.

As for your final comment about being pissed about paying that kind of money for these interiors. The $700-$900 or whatever PH units have VERY different finishes. My unit cost me $420 sqf with no upgrades and remember that comparing $420 a sqf in a corner south facing unit with 470 square feet of glass and 250sqf foot balcony is more value than the typical condo which may have a small window section and a 40sqf balcony.

Yes an interior can be far better done than mine, but rest assured that there is a lot more attention paid in the units that people are paying more money for. And I don't know of any condos in this city where for the price I paid you get a higher quality interior. I know for a fact because I've been inside Murano for example that the finishes at CASA are much better.

if you have a problem at casa regarding anything, who do you complain too? cresford head office?

do they actually fix problems or are all the things i read on the internet about them true?

So where are all the proud Casa owners? I was hoping for many more interior photos from the PDIs....

Also:

Regarding window coverings... There will be more than 400 units that will need miles and miles of window coverings. I'm hearing often huge groups of new owners get together for their orders with one company to get a big discount. When I bought, the sales agent told me this will most likely happen and discounts will be offered. Anyone hear anything about this?

Last edited:
So where are all the proud Casa owners? I was hoping for many more interior photos from the PDIs....

Also:

Regarding window coverings... There will be more than 400 units that will need miles and miles of window coverings. I'm hearing often huge groups of new owners get together for their orders with one company to get a big discount. When I bought, the sales agent told me this will most likely happen and discounts will be offered. Anyone hear anything about this?

Yes, I too was hoping to see a lot more PDI photos. As for the window coverings, I checked out a place selling the Hunter Douglas brand. I found some really cool looking window coverings. It is like having verticals but encased in sheer fabric on the ends. Esentially, they always remain evenly spaced, you can angle them to allow maximum light while blocking the direct sun and offers optional remote controls. The price I was quoted was approximately $10K for the Modena unit. I'm hoping to find a cheaper alternative but maintaining that look. I'm sure that if we can get a number of people together and buy from the same place, we should be able to get a much better price. We can also take advantage of the government grant if purchased before January 31st I think?

Last edited:
I got my keys on Monday, but I am going it keep it empty for awhile.. CASAguy, PM me if you are interested in having a look around the building.. Also I am in on the window coverings bulk buy...

I was fortunate enough to go inside the building recently. I went into a finished suite, walked through the amenites area and stood in awe inside the incredible lobby.

I just want to say that from the point of view of this hyper-critical eye: Cresford is doing a top-notch job here. Tiles, wallpapers, finishes, carpets, lighting, elevator interior.... it's all coming together extremely well. Looks like they've found tradespeople who take great pride in their work. This will be Cresford's showpiece.

I was fortunate enough to go inside the building recently. I went into a finished suite, walked through the amenites area and stood in awe inside the incredible lobby.

I just want to say that from the point of view of this hyper-critical eye: Cresford is doing a top-notch job here. Tiles, wallpapers, finishes, carpets, lighting, elevator interior.... it's all coming together extremely well. Looks like they've found tradespeople who take great pride in their work. This will be Cresford's showpiece.

That's great news casaguy.

Fantastic news, Casaguy. Any suggestions as to how I might be able to get inside? My PDI's not until Feb 2nd, and I'm dying to take a look.

I would definitely be interested in a bulk window covering purchase. Maybe we can approach Aleens at Yonge & College. They carry nice stuff, including Hunter Douglas. I priced out a couple of options for my Foglia (roller blinds and cellular). Cellular is more pricey but reportedly has good insulation properties which would be useful for western windows. Unfortunately I don't occupy until Feb.

I took some photos today of suites from the late 30s floors. Should I post them
or have some been uploaded already?

Back