Your wording is a little strange, I imagine you mean all intersections on Rathburn from Mavis to Hurontario. I wasn't aware of that. I do drive down Rathburn when I go to Square One, but I never noticed.

Your wording is a little strange, I imagine you mean all intersections on Rathburn from Mavis to Hurontario. I wasn't aware of that. I do drive down Rathburn when I go to Square One, but I never noticed.

Yes Rathburn been reduce to single lane in each direction from Mavis Rd to east of the Hurontario St Ramp where the BRT will turn north.

The section going north will require the removal or shifting the on ramp from Rathburn to the west, the turning lane to Sherwoodtown Dr and the 403.

This is required to fit the BRT in between Hurontario and the building/plaza next to it.

The off ramp from Hurontario St on to Rathburn will be shift north and connect to City View now with a new set of traffic lights. Depending on what has happen in the last few months, the current ramp will be reduce to allow MT buses to connect to the ROW.

I wanted to get some before shots for this BRT this year, but never could find the time or the weather was against me when I had it.

We will start to know by mid 2010 if there is a cost overrun which I expect to see given the fact it is already and it has been scale back from what was proposed in 2004.

Yes Rathburn been reduce to single lane in each direction from Mavis Rd to east of the Hurontario St Ramp where the BRT will turn north.

The section going north will require the removal or shifting the on ramp from Rathburn to the west, the turning lane to Sherwoodtown Dr and the 403.

This is required to fit the BRT in between Hurontario and the building/plaza next to it.

The off ramp from Hurontario St on to Rathburn will be shift north and connect to City View now with a new set of traffic lights. Depending on what has happen in the last few months, the current ramp will be reduce to allow MT buses to connect to the ROW.

I wanted to get some before shots for this BRT this year, but never could find the time or the weather was against me when I had it.

We will start to know by mid 2010 if there is a cost overrun which I expect to see given the fact it is already and it has been scale back from what was proposed in 2004.

There was an open house Thursday night at City Hall and next to no one show up.

The plans were very close to my Dec posting. Work starts in May for the next 18 months.

The south-west bus bays on Rathburn will be shifted a lane + south of where it is starting at Duke of York.

Traffic on Rathburn will be single lane from Duke of York to Shipp Dr. No left hand turns in this area other than City Centre.

Station Gate is being reduce to 3 lanes in total with the bus bays.

Shelters are so, so.

It will be interseting to see the LRT fit into this plan.

It will be intersting to see the ROW going in between the building and Hurontario and it will cause traffic congestion during the construction.

The Hurontario off ramp will be use for transit only with a new section taking traffic onto City View to Duke of York to get to Sq One.

Cost is peg at $5m.

I said it would be nice if the ROW was on the north side with traffic on the south side. Need less land and you are not standing in traffic as plan.

Oh!!! Happy times are here at Sq One again.

Funny the make the exact same mistake that Ottawa made, and cheap out on the busiest section of the BRT. But a fully grade-separate transitway in MCC would not nearly as expensive downtown Ottawa. So now due to the city's extreme penny-pinching, there will be extreme congestion of buses no transitway station at Hurontario to connect to the LRT. Good job Mississauga.

Funny the make the exact same mistake that Ottawa made, and cheap out on the busiest section of the BRT. But a fully grade-separate transitway in MCC would not nearly as expensive downtown Ottawa. So now due to the city's extreme penny-pinching, there will be extreme congestion of buses no transitway station at Hurontario to connect to the LRT. Good job Mississauga.

Considering it is still $57m over budget and the tenders have yet to go out, They got to gut the thing even more.

They did a slice and dice a few years ago to bring the cost down in designs, but still fell short. They even removed the tunnel and bridge at Sq One.

Having an ROW is OK if you can handle the service load, but mostly the Terminal Load/headway.

The terminal was built for a 25,000 max daily ridership for a city of 250,000. MT see over 40,000 now with the platform expansion, but will not handle 100,000 riders daily for 2031.

Having a bus go by every minute is going to do some foot dancing.

They are still in dream land of the 80's with their thinking on transit here.

So now due to the city's extreme penny-pinching, there will be extreme congestion of buses no transitway station at Hurontario to connect to the LRT. Good job Mississauga.

But there will be a connection to the Hurontario LRT at CCTT, so that point is a non issue.

But there will be a connection to the Hurontario LRT at CCTT, so that point is a non issue.

Yes, they have no choice now but to divert the LRT off Hurontario to an already overcapacity CCTT and add 10 minutes of travel time to anyone who needs to connect to a transitway route or bypass Square One altogether.

And of course if they opt for BRT for Hurontario then there was never any choice to begin with.

I still think it's rather useless. We'll see if the Milton buses use it. Oh wait, they cut the Creditview station, so no, I don't think it will.

The Transitway has the possiblity to end up being great, but only if other systems connect to it. I think that more time and energy and money should have went into the LRT on Hurontario and Dundas first though.

Oh ... I hadn't realised it would be that well used, with dense development along the corridor.

If development was the key, then perhaps Transit City would have been better if followed the Avenues plan...

I thought they were just building a huge ditch in the middle of nowhere that didn't actually connect to anything.

A ditch that facilitates direct connections between UTM, Square One, the Airport, York University, Richmond Hill Centre, Markham Centre, etc.

Oh ... I hadn't realised it would be that well used, with dense development along the corridor. I thought they were just building a huge ditch in the middle of nowhere that didn't actually connect to anything.
Ho hum, here we go again with another variation of Miss. being the "middle of nowhere". Suggestion to a few people who no doubt live south of Eglinton in Toronto: c'mon out to Mississauga. We are actually starting to build high-rise buildings in clusters these days!

Back