Please see the following example by Traynor.
It has nothing to do with the diameter's size, but the use of round pillars vs. square; and it's placement within the suite vs. being integrated into the structural frame of the building itself.

I see your pt now, but I'm also wondering the same thing as the below poster:

From construction point, there must be some reasons for putting round pillars where they are rather than square ones in the corner.

Can anyone with some knowledge of construction, could, please, comment?

A few more knocks against Cresford:

#1 - The black glass in the elevators are already cracked in many places and will surely shatter soon. You can see that they are cracked from the railings drilled into the glass likely as a result of people leaning against the rails or even trying to sit up on them. While this is mainly caused by the idiocy of certain residents or their guests. They full well knew with the with many of the floor plans that there would be a high rental rate occupied by young hooligans. To me, a more experienced builder would know to use materials that can withstand abuse and hold up over time.

#2 - The amenities have been sitting idle for months now, they don't REALLY need to unlock the doors to the outside before they can allow people to use the gym which is surely covered in dust by now. The pool seems to be ready as well, and with this heat wave and not having the pool open yet they're really not gaining popularity. (I know these things are in control of the board right now - but really it's not their fault at this point).

#3 - They dug up the front of the building and stuck caution tape all over the entrance a few weeks ago supposedly to install something...but nothing has happned. Here's an idea, how about you don't dig up the entrance and have a yellow tape party at least a month before you plan to do anything with it. They probably have the same genius running the show here that organizes work on Toronto roads and decides to send the pilon people out to shut off a major artery to 1 lane 2 days before any work begins only to tear it up again 2 months later to do something else.

Last edited:
Although I defended Cresford when I first moved in, I've been definitely changing my mind the longer I live here.

This was Cresford's opportunity to learn from their mistakes and become a top notch builder... but they've failed miserably when it comes to customer service and paying attention to details.

A lot of the owners are now calling the "Customer Care" office the "Office of Ineffectiveness". The disgruntled yahoos in there seriously need to buck up and understand who the client is. They brush off owners as if they're houseflies bothering them with silly little problems about their half million dollar purchase. It's pretty shameful.

Walking around the building you see half-ass workmanship that's been sitting unfinished for more than 5 months now. The fact that the pool and amenities level is still not open is astounding. No explanation has been given. It's as if this is the first project they've ever done and no one was prepared.

As far as the elevators, I'd really like the name of the idiot who made the decision to have railings mounted INTO the glass panels. The damage was not done by renters but by people innocently leaning against the railing as they are apt to do.

I can go on with a laundry list but will stop here. My opinion of Cresford is pretty low... not because of their horrible reputation, but because of what I've witnessed from them here the past half year.

That said, the architecture, views and suites are simply stunning (save for some shoddy finishes). The Property Management office seems like they're on the road to becoming top notch. And now that the owners have taken over all the unfinished bits should be tended to in the coming months. (Including proper furnishings for the lobby, etc.) Oh, and I'm happy to see that they're finally working on the unfinished landscaping outside of the entrance.

It's a brand new building and is sure to have growing pains... and despite any dealings with Cresford my new home is amazing. This is an awesome place to live and it's sure to get better. Ultimately, buying here was a great decision and if I had the money I'd buy several more suites. Location, location, location. It's perfect. But if I had the option of buying another Cresford project from plans I would definitely think twice.

Last edited:
From construction point, there must be some reasons for putting round pillars where they are rather than square ones in the corner.

Can anyone with some knowledge of construction, could, please, comment?

Hint: Which method do you think is cheaper/easier to construct?

Hint: Which method do you think is cheaper/easier to construct?

I live in RoCP developed by Canderel. There are no round pillars in my unit. It seems that Canderel constructs 'quality' buildings than others?

It seems that Canderel constructs 'quality' buildings than others?

Based on the several Canderel Stoneridge buildings I've toured ... I tend to agree with your comment ~

Sounds like the exact same problems with Cresford on their "Winderemere by the lake" project. Poor customer care, all amenities and lobby still under construction after countless months of moving in, horrible fit and finishes. Stay clear of this builder in the future and do your research.

I'm sad to hear that casaguy. Hopefully it'll turn around soon.

Btw, is the construction company used for Casa the same as for NXT?

And let's not forget the dirty and painted panels on the balconies. It would have made sense to clean them before the pool area is used. Looks like there is cement stuck on the glass in some areas as well.
A few more knocks against Cresford:

#1 - The black glass in the elevators are already cracked in many places and will surely shatter soon. You can see that they are cracked from the railings drilled into the glass likely as a result of people leaning against the rails or even trying to sit up on them. While this is mainly caused by the idiocy of certain residents or their guests. They full well knew with the with many of the floor plans that there would be a high rental rate occupied by young hooligans. To me, a more experienced builder would know to use materials that can withstand abuse and hold up over time.

#2 - The amenities have been sitting idle for months now, they don't REALLY need to unlock the doors to the outside before they can allow people to use the gym which is surely covered in dust by now. The pool seems to be ready as well, and with this heat wave and not having the pool open yet they're really not gaining popularity. (I know these things are in control of the board right now - but really it's not their fault at this point).

#3 - They dug up the front of the building and stuck caution tape all over the entrance a few weeks ago supposedly to install something...but nothing has happned. Here's an idea, how about you don't dig up the entrance and have a yellow tape party at least a month before you plan to do anything with it. They probably have the same genius running the show here that organizes work on Toronto roads and decides to send the pilon people out to shut off a major artery to 1 lane 2 days before any work begins only to tear it up again 2 months later to do something else.

5th floor opened today. Pool was just hopping....i mean major action down there. I decided to pass because it was so busy but checked out a few of the cuties. I got a workout in on the weight machines. Luckily nobody else was in there as it's not a very big room. Lots of nice seating areas, a kitchen, and lots of big screens around. The building came to life today!

There's a penthouse unit for sale. Not really impressed.

http://propertyspaces.net/33charles4302/

What's this whole thing about ensuite bathrooms being completely open to the bedroom? Yea, I'd love to watch my wife take a steaming dump...and then smell it afterwards. LOL

Last edited:
There's a penthouse unit for sale. Not really impressed.

http://propertyspaces.net/33charles4302/

What's this whole thing about ensuite bathrooms being completely open to the bedroom? Yea, I'd love to watch my wife take a steaming dump...and then smell it afterwards. LOL

i noticed that the range hood is missing, so i'm hoping the open concept ensuite bathroom/bedroom is also missing a partition wall - perhaps frosted glass?!?

Perhaps this would be a little more romantic?

eaqsfd.jpg

Back