The guy who came to install my blinds said I was crazy if I wanted to hang them from the ceiling. They should be hung from the top metal trim that is hugging the ceiling or the actual window frame. Much stronger this way. A couple of tiny metal screws won't compromise the frame.

Last edited:
The guy who came to install my blinds said I was crazy if I wanted to hang them from the ceiling. They should be hung from the top metal trim that is hugging the ceiling or the actual window frame. Much stronger this way. A couple of tiny metal screws won't compromise the frame.

Did he end up hanging it off that trim? The trim that is hugging the wall in my unit is made out of an flimsy thin metal. Would be ideal if I could hang it off of there but not sure if it can bear the load.

I also faced this dilemma when I chose my window treatments. I was told that blinds, etc. cannot be installed directly to the frame of the window, however, because I was purchasing Hunter Douglas Architella (Honeycomb) shades I wanted them to be as flush to the window as possible for the insulation benefits. Anyway, when the installer came to take the final measurements he said that he always installs on the trim piece as it's not technically part of the frame.. it's more decorative.

Did he end up hanging it off that trim? The trim that is hugging the wall in my unit is made out of an flimsy thin metal. Would be ideal if I could hang it off of there but not sure if it can bear the load.

Although he installed directly onto the trim piece, he actually drilled through it and into the ceiling. I find that it's very secure.

Although I defended Cresford when I first moved in, I've been definitely changing my mind the longer I live here.

This was Cresford's opportunity to learn from their mistakes and become a top notch builder... but they've failed miserably when it comes to customer service and paying attention to details.

A lot of the owners are now calling the "Customer Care" office the "Office of Ineffectiveness". The disgruntled yahoos in there seriously need to buck up and understand who the client is. They brush off owners as if they're houseflies bothering them with silly little problems about their half million dollar purchase. It's pretty shameful.

Walking around the building you see half-ass workmanship that's been sitting unfinished for more than 5 months now. The fact that the pool and amenities level is still not open is astounding. No explanation has been given. It's as if this is the first project they've ever done and no one was prepared.

As far as the elevators, I'd really like the name of the idiot who made the decision to have railings mounted INTO the glass panels. The damage was not done by renters but by people innocently leaning against the railing as they are apt to do.

I can go on with a laundry list but will stop here. My opinion of Cresford is pretty low... not because of their horrible reputation, but because of what I've witnessed from them here the past half year.

That said, the architecture, views and suites are simply stunning (save for some shoddy finishes). The Property Management office seems like they're on the road to becoming top notch. And now that the owners have taken over all the unfinished bits should be tended to in the coming months. (Including proper furnishings for the lobby, etc.) Oh, and I'm happy to see that they're finally working on the unfinished landscaping outside of the entrance.

It's a brand new building and is sure to have growing pains... and despite any dealings with Cresford my new home is amazing. This is an awesome place to live and it's sure to get better. Ultimately, buying here was a great decision and if I had the money I'd buy several more suites. Location, location, location. It's perfect. But if I had the option of buying another Cresford project from plans I would definitely think twice.

What do they care? They have your money and new buyers are generally dummies. Typical of most if not all new condo owner stories.

What do they care? They have your money and new buyers are generally dummies. Typical of most if not all new condo owner stories.

Well, they should care, esp since ppl have been 'nice' enough to give them another chance, and another, and another, and another...pretty soon, if the bad work is kept 'up', they'll finally be ignored and no longer competitive w/ other developers. Then they can forget about this business. Seems pretty simple to me.

Well, they should care, esp since ppl have been 'nice' enough to give them another chance, and another, and another, and another...pretty soon, if the bad work is kept 'up', they'll finally be ignored and no longer competitive w/ other developers. Then they can forget about this business. Seems pretty simple to me.

if only all people were logical when it comes to buying property.
people are lured by flashy marketing brochures, slick presentation centres and designer model suites.

$1000 psf to live at Yonge & Charles across from the Brass Rail? Is the seller high?!

While the unit is nice, Miele/Sub Zero, Scavolini and the bathroom fixtures only escalate the psf on a unit as large as 1459 by about $20/psf. If someone pays any more than a million for this, they're idiots. Not a luxury building, and while the upgrades are nice, the luxury still needs to imported in the form of the interior design components. Plus, you pay a lot to live with other people who have a lot and that's not the case with CASA as it will be for Ritz Carlton, Shangri-La, etc...

While the unit is nice, Miele/Sub Zero, Scavolini and the bathroom fixtures only escalate the psf on a unit as large as 1459 by about $20/psf. If someone pays any more than a million for this, they're idiots. Not a luxury building, and while the upgrades are nice, the luxury still needs to imported in the form of the interior design components. Plus, you pay a lot to live with other people who have a lot and that's not the case with CASA as it will be for Ritz Carlton, Shangri-La, etc...

Not to sound like a shmuck but if I was looking to spend $1M+ on a condo unit, it would not be in a building like Casa (not taking anything away from Casa as it's a lovely building). Truthfully, I'd look for a hosue, but if I had to pick a condo it would either have to be on the top floor of a boutique building or in a Shangri-La, Ritz, 1 St Thomas type building.

Not to sound like a shmuck but if I was looking to spend $1M+ on a condo unit, it would not be in a building like Casa (not taking anything away from Casa as it's a lovely building). Truthfully, I'd look for a hosue, but if I had to pick a condo it would either have to be on the top floor of a boutique building or in a Shangri-La, Ritz, 1 St Thomas type building.

You would have to spend a lot more than $1M+ to live in either of the properties you mentioned, so I guess it'd be a boutique building or a house.

You might change your mind if you walked through the penthouses in person. They're pretty spectacular and definitely one-of-a-kind. The views are priceless. The only real drawback is that they do not have their own private elevator. The owners will have to slum with the rest of us commoners in the elevators.

Someone on the South East corner on the high 20's maybe 30th floor has some tacky lights strung up on the balcony.
I guess nobody has noticed because I am sure that is not allowed especially since its not Christmas.

Glad to see the other lights on the roof top turned off. It looks much better.

$1000 psf to live at Yonge & Charles across from the Brass Rail? Is the seller high?!

...and an idiot.
It's not even a penthouse, it's one level below. The tile work in the bathrooms are horrible, the finishes rather average, has only one parking space, the kitchen island should twice as wide, and it lacks anything specia (other than the view)l.
Even if this was on the penthouse level it's still way overpriced.

There are so many much nicer condos for less out there.

Last edited:

Back