wow! Nice picture Jasonized. Where is that from? Looks like good progress, what level are they on? This condo looks like it's moving along. I wonder if they will complete it on time.

My prediction before was that by end of Sept, the concrete will be at grade and it looks like it will be bang on.
I'd say another 5-6 months of concrete work, so with winter/xmas etc, I expect the last concrete pour to be in March 2010. The co-ordination by the contractor seems to be very good, so perhaps sooner.
S'Bus

My prediction before was that by end of Sept, the concrete will be at grade and it looks like it will be bang on.
I'd say another 5-6 months of concrete work, so with winter/xmas etc, I expect the last concrete pour to be in March 2010. The co-ordination by the contractor seems to be very good, so perhaps sooner.
S'Bus

Well that seems like a really fast pace considering the building is 12 floors.

12 floors only on the north side. Its 10 on the south side.
The floorplate isnt really that big either as its probably only 2/3 of the garage area in total, if that.
It will rise quick. Look at Tridel's Reve, it's climbing fast!

12 floors only on the north side. Its 10 on the south side.
The floorplate isnt really that big either as its probably only 2/3 of the garage area in total, if that.
It will rise quick. Look at Tridel's Reve, it's climbing fast!

so do you think it will be done on time dec 2011? I forgot that the south side was two floors less. I agree with you that the floor plate isn't that large which will increase speed.

With a half decent winter, it will be tight but possible. I'd guess though likely Jan/Feb more than Dec as trade work during that month is so poor for completion.

S'Bus

That's interesting that you think it will only take 6 months to do 12 floors, though 10 on half the building. I am not the industry so I wouldn't know, but that is quick. If they got the concrete up that quick isn't that the hard part of the build?

well that's good news. I walked by the site out of curiosity and they are moving along quite quickly. Anyone care to take a guess when they redevelop the globe and mail site?

The Globe land and many other lots on the south side of Wellington are owned outright by the Thomson family. I don't think that they are in any rush to sell - but you never know.

Regarding 400 Wellington, I think the time table indicated by SpadinaBus is probably right on. The nearby Victory lofts is a few months from the finish of its concrete work, as is the smaller and faster moving 500 Wellington.

Victory is just a couple of floors from topping off. Maybe 6 weeks to go. They have already started block work and insulation on the ground floor.

The main concrete floor slab at grade is a beast, its been slowing them down. I estimate the slab to be at least 6 feet thick and there is a hell of a lot of rebar. The forming boys were working today (yes, a Saturday) and take a look at the first picture below I took today. The good news is that there is a wall being formed above grade on the south side. All looking good.

dsc00149b.jpg

dsc00111jv.jpg

dsc00119m.jpg

dsc00118h.jpg

Last edited:
It's getting interesting now! Hopefully they can move pretty fast now I am curious to see how big the structure is going to be. Obviously a lot smaller than the dig. So any predictions if this building will be finished by dec 2011?

Back