News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.4K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.7K     0 

This is perhaps the pettiest complaint ever, but why did they re-arrange the station line map? On the old maps the Spadina line doesn't jog off until St Clair west, Dupont is straight north of Spadina. Geographically this is more precise as well; the jog west starts north of Dupont. Also, (even though they're not on BD, yet) Kipling used to be slightly jogged off too.

There also used to be spacing between station dots that sort of hinted at the long runs between stations at the north end of the yonge line. I realize it's "not to scale" but the old maps did give off hints of geography.

TTCboy, the new trains don't have those bars, which are called anticlimbers, since its a full legth train now. So aren't needed.

I think the indicator lights are placed in the middle of each car now.

TTCboy, the new trains don't have those bars, which are called anticlimbers, since its a full legth train now. So aren't needed.

I think the indicator lights are placed in the middle of each car now.

The indicator lights on the TR kind of remindes me of the Gloucester's because of the indicator lights on top of the 2nd door of the G series: http://transit.toronto.on.ca/images/subway-5601-03.jpg

and i noticed that the cab indicator light is thinner now?

i think the non-cab cars indicators are like this http://transit.toronto.on.ca/images/subway-5503-14.jpg

hey Ando thanks for the pics... is there a light on top of the middle windows on NON-cab cars

Yes, you can see the lights here, located above the centre windows of 5393, and 5392.

attachment.php

Thanks ando .... do you think they will start using whistles after the subways chimes to tell the operator they can start driving now?

Hmm what do mean? are you referring to the guard using a whistle? Or some using a whistle at the factory to indicate he can move? Well if its the first that wouldn't happen since thats why they have signals, and in the factory I don't think there's really any need for doing that because no other trains are on the test track, plus they probably use a button or feature on the train, like operators on T1's use the emergency brake, and emergency brake reset to tell the guard to close the door (thats the pressure release you hear) On H series the operator moves the controller from brakes to Coast which causes a pressure release indicating to the guard that lights are green.

Hmm what do mean? are you referring to the guard using a whistle? Or some using a whistle at the factory to indicate he can move? Well if its the first that wouldn't happen since thats why they have signals, and in the factory I don't think there's really any need for doing that because no other trains are on the test track, plus they probably use a button or feature on the train, like operators on T1's use the emergency brake, and emergency brake reset to tell the guard to close the door (thats the pressure release you hear) On H series the operator moves the controller from brakes to Coast which causes a pressure release indicating to the guard that lights are green.

YEs i'm referring to the guard using a whistle....... By the way according to someone on wikipedia the TR's info was changed.. it sayed that "at least one has arrived" on my way home i checked Wilson Yard there was nothing!!!!!!!!

YEs i'm referring to the guard using a whistle....... By the way according to someone on wikipedia the TR's info was changed.. it sayed that "at least one has arrived" on my way home i checked Wilson Yard there was nothing!!!!!!!!

Why would you consider Wikipedia a credible source?

I've heard that the Rockets may have announcements prior and after the opening/closing of the doors - New York style - but whether this is true is another question.

If Wikipedia told me the sky was blue and the Earth was round, I still wouldn't believe it. There appears to be alot of construction going on at Wilson Yard this afternoon....I thought their new building for the TR's was complete, but it looks like they are still expanding or even building another building.

Are you sure it is a building they were working on and not a new tunnel segment and approach track to the yard from the north?

I don't know what they are doing just south of Downsview station, but they are certainly not building a building. Their trench follows what seems to be the path of the subway tunnel, and continues on either side of the Allen.

I'm pretty sure that the extension of Wilson Yard and whatever they're doing at Downsview are two different projects.

Part of the TYSSE is a connection north from Wilson Yard to Downsview, so trains can go into service without having to go through Wilson station first.
http://www3.ttc.ca/About_the_TTC/Pr...ew_Station_to_Wilson_Yard_Connection_site.jsp

I am well aware of that construction. I am talking about construction which was taking place INSIDE Wilson yards. I did not mention the work on the Allen which is clearly visible. What I am referring to specifically is the cement trucks which were dumping loads of cement infront of the entrance to the train buildings indide the yard.
I pass by this yard twice daily, and am well aware of the construction of the line back to the yards... what I was referring to is something completely different, so to all those who thought I was referring to the line construction, you misunderstood.
As of 330 this aft there is now a huge pile of gravel and a rather large red crane too.

Last edited:
Just saw a new subway car on a flatbed truck today, driving along Highway 7 through Richmond Hill!

Just saw a new subway car on a flatbed truck today, driving along Highway 7 through Richmond Hill!

ALL EYES ON WILSON! :eek:

Back