News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.5K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.7K     0 

Does anyone know when these trains will actually enter regular service?

I think early 2010 for them entering service would be a miracle, because agram had mentioned that they would take atleast 3 months to fully test the new trains, plus training the operators.

I would love to see them in december, but one can only dream...

Early 2010 is finish TTC12 that was around Oct-Dec 2009 -Jan-Mar 2010

Sorry I meant to say

I think late 2010 for them entering service would be a miracle, because agram had mentioned that they would take atleast 3 months to fully test the new trains, plus training the operators.

I would love to see them in december, but one can only dream...

Im guessing around December........no new news as I am on holidays for a few more weeks. Ill ask one of my buddy Forepersons for new news. Stay tuned.

passed by Wilson finally today, front (or back) of new train was clearly visible parked in the eastern bay of the new shed, south door was open, and there she was! Quite a sight to see it with my own eyes.. looking good!

This just in from the Star~

New TTC subway cars to be revealed Thursday
October 08, 2010

Tess Kalinowski

Mayor David Miller will unveil two long-anticipated transit improvements next week, including a first glimpse of the new Toronto Rocket subway cars on Thursday.

On Tuesday, the TTC officially launches its integration with Google Maps, so riders can plan transit trips that incorporate the TTC and other regional providers, including GO Transit.

The Toronto Rocket cars were supposed to arrive earlier this year but have been delayed by a glitch with the door supplier.

Made at Bombardier’s Thunder Bay plant, the Toronto Rockets come in six-car configurations. They will feature flashing route maps and open gangways that allow a view from the front to the rear of the train. They will also accommodate about 10 per cent more riders.

The public will have a chance to view the car for a day in a couple of weeks and subway riders will glimpse the trains moving through the tunnels as they’re being tested in the next months.

It will be the end of the year before they’re in service on the Yonge subway line. The TTC will receive all 234 cars in about two years.

Toronto City Council awarded the sole-source $710 million Toronto Rocket contract in 2006 as a way of saving jobs in Thunder Bay. But the move hit controversy when a rival manufacturer suggested a bidding process would have given taxpayers better value for their money.

Wow! excelent news, I'll surely be keeping a look out for them, and the day we get to look at them.

I apologize for my crappy camera

Attachments

• DSCI0062.jpg
    DSCI0062.jpg
    86.3 KB · Views: 349
  • DSCI0067.jpg
    DSCI0067.jpg
    89 KB · Views: 349
  • DSCI0056.jpg
    DSCI0056.jpg
    94.8 KB · Views: 320
  • DSCI0054.jpg
    DSCI0054.jpg
    90.8 KB · Views: 373
  • DSCI0058.jpg
    DSCI0058.jpg
    86.6 KB · Views: 314
THanks for the pics Spliffman.
I'm actually starting to prefer the one window. it looks much more sleek when its stacked alongside the T1.

I read the TTC Coupler issue of this month, the cars would begin service on December. This would be an ideal time for the trains because of X-Mas when people go gift shopping and also New Years Eve and Day.

Great pics!! thanks Spliffman! Can't wait to ride them next year!! Quick question, how many trains are there??

One trainset is at Wilson for testing (5391 -96). I believe 5381 - 5386 is still at the Kingston test track. The TTC are due to receive one trainset per month now. No idea if the next will be 54xx or 5381-6.
All cars are standard length, same as the T1's, all H-series and M cars. I have no idea what you mean by a shortened 7th car??

Back