I think the city should approve the full height just for the fact that this developer is the first to take a risk and start developemnt in this long neglected area. The retail will help with animating this intersection. Dundas East is one of the last downtown areas to get developed. It's full of ugly, rundown buildings and parking lots. Considering that it is so close to Toronto's retail centre, at Yonge & Dundas, I'm surprised it's taken this long for redevelopment.

I think the city should approve the full height just for the fact that this developer is the first to take a risk and start developemnt in this long neglected area. The retail will help with animating this intersection. Dundas East is one of the last downtown areas to get developed. It's full of ugly, rundown buildings and parking lots. Considering that it is so close to Toronto's retail centre, at Yonge & Dundas, I'm surprised it's taken this long for redevelopment.

I agree, this run down area has taken way to long to get re-developed..i dont know but iif approved at 46 storeys it most likely will set the precedence of height for future projects in that area and probably taller as it approaches west to Church and Victoria streets. Anyways i have to give GG credit for having the balls to propose and build here, and will see what comes out of this.

Does anyone know when the city hall meeting for Pace condo will be ? While I'm in favor of cleaning up this neighborhood I have a problem with the amt of stories and I have some density questions. Thanks in advance

Wow, some of you people certainly are dramatic with regards to this location. It's closer to Yonge + Dundas, Church, and St. Lawrence than it is to the crack-alley, rundown-social-housing-festooned areas of Sherbourne and Moss Park. And so what if it's close, it's still centrally located on a streetcar line that's a few short blocks from the subway. Cabbagetown is more enveloped by "sketchy" neighbourhoods than this, and everyone loves it. With all the new development on Jarvis, including the bike lanes, I say this is a great place to be a pioneer. There's no where to go but way up.

Indeed. One of the funny things about the bad rap Jarvis gets is that much of the street is extremely pleasant. Between Bloor and College I'd say it's actually rather nice and getting nicer; from Richmond to Lakeshore it's great too. The sketchy is really from College down to Richmond. Plug a few holes--notably the lot for which this project is proposed--and I think it will be viewed very differently.

The shame in all this is that the long-promised rebuild of the street was hijacked at the last minute for bike lanes and bike lanes only, instead of wider sidewalks, new trees etc etc. Can't imagine the Ford brothers will make reviving that a priority, though I do wonder what happened to the Section 37 money the City was holding for the purpose.

The lot has now been fenced up and the first advertising is up. "From the low 200's" it says.

Does anyone know when the city hall meeting for Pace condo will be ? While I'm in favor of cleaning up this neighborhood I have a problem with the amt of stories and I have some density questions. Thanks in advance

I believe GG has not summited any plans yet to the city...believe me you will know when the city meetings are scheduled for this project.:) By the way, it seems to me you want one thing very much, but you are not willing to give up other things in order to have it.:confused:

More of a Ryerson student residence no doubt ...

Kind of neat.
It'll be marketed to rich foreign students because of the proximity to Ryerson ... wouldn't doubt if Ryerson tag teams with the developer.
Anyway, I used to live at 192 Jarvis, neat building, but really stigmatized because of the CMHC blacklist, people have to finance on their own, not sure if still the case, but was before. This will probably freak out a lot of the people who own at 192 Jarvis ... those facing north will now have no light whatsoever, so you can be assured they will be organizing to challenge it. The building had successfully challenged a development on the south side of the building before in the late 90's, but things have changed since then and if this building goes through, the parking lot owner at the south of 192 Jarvis will try to maximize development, and you might as well tear down 192 because it will become a value-less building, less than what it is now.
Anyway, the Sears parking lot to the north of this site will be looking to develop something huge if this building goes through. Also, the parking lot between Shuter and Queen south of here, where so many applications have gone through ... you watch ... another series of tall towers will be submitted for development.

Last edited:
There was a blimp on site today taking pictures of the floor views for the website/advertising.
Looks like GG is taking this site seriously. Any word on where/when a sales center will go up? Will thy use they existing building as a sales center or locate it somewhere close by for now?

I have no idea where they'd put a sales centre, it's very early still. They would have to ensure the City of Toronto approves what they've got planned I reckon.

I believe GG has not summited any plans yet to the city...believe me you will know when the city meetings are scheduled for this project.:) By the way, it seems to me you want one thing very much, but you are not willing to give up other things in order to have it.:confused:

Well to be really honest I can live with what's there as well as the crack neighborhood. Reason being is that I rent in a co-op and as long as the area stays slummy rents will remain where there are which is cheap.

Well to be really honest I can live with what's there as well as the crack neighborhood. Reason being is that I rent in a co-op and as long as the area stays slummy rents will remain where there are which is cheap.

How noble of you.

Great idea, Latino; criminal activity in exchange for cheap rent.

I'm with Latino81 on this one. I'm not threatened by crime - that's not something that really affects me on a day-to-day basis. The price of housing, on the other hand...

Back