39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.7K     0 

SP!RE

°°°°°°
Member Bio
Reaction score
Hey guys,

I'm currently rewriting the free Downtown Yonge BIA walking tours offered from Yonge and Dundas for this summer.

I wanted to make some comments about our condo market.

Can anyone give me some interesting facts?

i.e. Are we ahead of NYC for number of condos or numbers sold in a year? Ahead of Vancouver?

What is the average price of a condo sale? I want to point out that it's affordable compared to many world cities but obviously not pennies, either.

Thanks guys! :)

I'm curious about how the walking tour went this summer? Were you able to gather the info you needed? Are there similar tours now?

Hey guys,

I'm currently rewriting the free Downtown Yonge BIA walking tours offered from Yonge and Dundas for this summer.

I wanted to make some comments about our condo market.

Can anyone give me some interesting facts?

i.e. Are we ahead of NYC for number of condos or numbers sold in a year? Ahead of Vancouver?

What is the average price of a condo sale? I want to point out that it's affordable compared to many world cities but obviously not pennies, either.

Thanks guys! :)

It should be fairly easy to do some research and find the numbers of condos sold in these three cities.

Whether Toronto is affordable which cities you compare to. Of course NYC, Paris and London etc are much expensive because they are larger and offer a lot more, so people are willing to pay a premium to live there. They are are comparables. On the other hand, Toronto is a lot more expensive then its real peers, such as Montreal, Chicago and Philadelphia. It is more expensive than Los Angeles as well. So it is hard to say Toronto is "affordable".

I remember in 2010 average price for downtown condos is something like $550-600/sf, and for brand news one, over $700/sf.

Back