So what do some of you think of the new artwork at the concierge desk. I know there were complaints about the previous artwork, which has now been moved towards the elevators. I do like the new artwork myself - would love to hear your thoughts. I like this artwork as well, playing off the outside 'art' structure.

artsy-fartsy.jpg

Personally I love it. Big improvement. Colour works for me too! Reminds me of riverbank reeds blowing in the wind.

Some more artwork taken today.

x-art-08-08-2011-1.jpg

x-art-08-08-2011-2.jpg

Landscaping was "upgraded" a few days ago.

x-landscaping-08--08-2011-1.jpg

x-landscaping-08--08-2011-2.jpg

Last edited:
FYI...I spoke to Howard (Equity ICI's new Property Manager at the X) and he stated that they will soon be cleaning the inaccessible exterior windows. They have gotten quotes in from a number of companies and they will be picking one very soon. I am thankful as they are getting pretty dirty with all the construction around us and all I see is more dirt than skyline and sky.

Last edited:
Landscaping was "upgraded" a few days ago.

The artwork looks great! I just noticed the landscaping today, I thought what's different here and caught it. They could have been a little more imaginative, but it's better than what was there. Now, how about Cresford upgrading that mess in front of beautiful Casa...

Does anyone have the same issue that Great Gulf installed the tiles in the ensuite bath up to 2 feet only? While the tiles where installed up to the ceiling in the main bath? Read below part of my letter to their service and laugh (especially the second paragraph).

"We are still unpleased with the response we received from you about the issue that the wall tiles across the bath in the ensuite bath were installed up to 2 feet only. We really don’t care that this was the designer’s decision. All handymen agreed with us, that this is unprofessional. How come you did install the titles up to the ceiling in the main bath, and not in the ensuite bath? And how come that the head shower was installed on a bare dry wall and not on tiles? This bath is for sure was not constructed (or design) properly to make it fit to be used as a bath. According to the Tarion guide, the builder is responsible to provide all items as usable. This bath is unusable as the tiles reach our hips only, and therefore the tiles across the bath should be increased at least to the height of the shower head."

"We really hope that your great designer who made that decision is no longer working for you. The worse defect that he “designed” but unfortunately we cannot complain about is the location of the microwave under the island. Every time we need to bend down with a plate full of food to the microware, we give a blessing to your designer while we are bowing to the island. We just hope that Great Gulf would give us free training at the local circus, so we can learn how to bend with our hands full along with some free lifetime medication for our back pain."

To be fair re the microwave, this is something that designers have been doing lately. It's stupid, but I've seen it suggested by a number of them.

To be fair re the microwave, this is something that designers have been doing lately. It's stupid, but I've seen it suggested by a number of them.

it's completely stupid and more common with interiors by Cecconi and Simone ... aesthetics before ergonomics and function.

... can't have a microwave visible above a stove can we now

I love where the microwave is. Completely hidden. I use it once a week for popcorn, and think it's great it's tucked away vs. sitting on the countertop or above the oven.

Under the island makes the kitchen look clean/modern and gives me more countertop space. But hey, that's just me.

I love where the microwave is. Completely hidden. I use it once a week for popcorn, and think it's great it's tucked away vs. sitting on the countertop or above the oven.

Under the island makes the kitchen look clean/modern and gives me more countertop space. But hey, that's just me.

Not just you but me too! Counters look much less cluttered and it fits with my minamalist lifestyle change. Some who have visited said it would be better over the oven/stove but it would detract from the clean lines and my built in appliances.:cool:

Last edited:
Not just you but me too! Counters look much less cluttered and it fits with my minamalist lifestyle change. Some who have visited said it would be better over the oven/stove but it would detract from the clean lines and my built in appliances.:cool:

Agreed... I prefer the microwave hidden.

One thing though... anyone notice that during the daytime there's a slew of cars from the construction workers from Couture being parked on our lot?

Agreed... I prefer the microwave hidden.

One thing though... anyone notice that during the daytime there's a slew of cars from the construction workers from Couture being parked on our lot?

I have not. You should mention it to the new Property Manager Howard. There are signs in front of the building for the X2 construction vehicles and that is from the same developer. No reason that Monarch (Couture) should be given this privilege.

Back