Given the development potential to the west, south, and east, I wonder how the towers will be positioned to protect future views. I'd hate to see the towers pushed up along the property lines since ten years from now we'd have to sit through the big fight as residents in these buildings oppose anything else getting built nearby

46/56 sounds about right, given that it's so close to the Four Seasons, 1 Bloor and the Cumberland redevelopment. I'd hope they maintain some kind of a public crossing through the lot tho, either as an exterior walkway or an internal mall.

HBC is on the east side of yonge- the poor side. I doubt Holts will ever migrate in that direction.

Wherever Holts goes...the money will follow.

And a couple hundred metres east is not a long way to follow. Not only does the HBC site have the extra space for a proper flagship store and even better direct subway access than their old location...we could be pretty sure that horrific street facade would get a proper make-over.

I've always wondered if Holts would open up in King West. Or at least open up a smaller secondary downtown store there.

I say they'd still have to knock it down and rebuild it... that place is crap, especially the outside, what were they thinking when they built it.

There's a 40 storey hotel and apartment building and a 35 storey condominium above the HBC, which present a couple of problems with that idea.

I've always wondered if Holts would open up in King West. Or at least open up a smaller secondary downtown store there.

great thought. i think a satellite store is not too far off given what's happened (and is continuing to unfold) out on king west.

Future 1000+ footer?

6275431379_59de89509f_b.jpg

So which area are we talking about getting developed here? I'm getting confused. Are the two towers going to sit in the Red Area or the Green Area?

6275431379_59de89509f_b.jpg

Red

Wow I couldn't imagine how pissed I'd be to have my multimillion dollar view of downtown/the lake be ruined by new development only a few years after my unit is finished. If they build right up to Yorkville Ave you'd probably be able to hit the other building with your spit. I assume south facing units were the most expensive in 4S. Guess it was smart to go with west facing.

So which area are we talking about getting developed here? I'm getting confused. Are the two towers going to sit in the Red Area or the Green Area?

These two towers will sit in the Red Area. The Green Area (not including the portion you outlined facing Bloor) will be Cumberland Terrace.

Red

Wow I couldn't imagine how pissed I'd be to have my multimillion dollar view of downtown/the lake be ruined by new development only a few years after my unit is finished. If they build right up to Yorkville Ave you'd probably be able to hit the other building with your spit. I assume south facing units were the most expensive in 4S. Guess it was smart to go with west facing.

To be honest, I have little sympathy for 4S purchasers who will lose their view facing south. Even a minimal amount of due diligence (on what is a major purchase, wealthy or not) would have alerted potential buyers to the fact that a massive parking garage was sitting right next door. There'd be absolutely no reason for a knowledgeable buyer to assume that something just as massive as the 4S wouldn't eventually go up there.

Last edited:

Back