The roof isn't curved. There's an outline-sketch rendering in the new issue of the Condo Guide, showing an angled profile of the tower. The roof looks terraced, stepping upward towards south.

Should look something like this:

scaled.php

Last edited:
Isn't that basically what Stinson had planned for one of the iterations of Sapphire? (not the one with the sphere, a later one with kind of a jagged / terraced roofline?)

More like what the previous builder planned.. doubt much has changed from that city approved plan, or wouldnt the new developer have to go through a whole new process:confused:
Here is a post from Mongo over a year ago...

Some poor screenshots of the video:

ScreenShot027.jpg

ScreenShot028.jpg

ScreenShot033.jpg

ScreenShot034.jpg

ScreenShot036.jpg

ScreenShot037.jpg

i respect canada tower for the contemporary glass look to it. it looks a lot more "financial district" than the current proposal.

can't wait to see a full render that shows the roof

No office space for you:D... Shame

It’s a man’s world

Considering that Indx Condos will be the first purely residential tower built in the Financial District, its developers didn’t have to spend too long determining the project’s target market.

Indx, a 54-storey glass tower to be built at 70 Temperance St., will cater directly to Bay Street’s young bucks — 20- and 30-something go-getters who work long hours at their bank/law firm/consulting firm/accounting firm and want to stay tapped into what’s happening downtown

We see the buyer being someone who works hard, plays hard and views his career as being very important,” explains Andrew Hoffman, president of CentreCourt Developments, which is building the project in partnership with Lifetime Developments. “So there’s tangible value to living at a central address that’s within a five-minute walk to the office.”
More......http://www.thestar.com/living/realestate/condos/article/1136949--it-s-a-man-s-world

i respect canada tower for the contemporary glass look to it. it looks a lot more "financial district" than the current proposal.

completely agree; i knew that because this Canada tower proposal looked good, it would eventually change to something more modest - to fit Toronto's "it's good enough for us" standards. Add to that, our stupid city planning staff will approve this latest tower proposal even if it doesn't truly fit in with its surroundings (i.e. office towers), where this tower should use curtain walls. The city planning dept. is not smart enough to require that from the developer. But...remember the city staff will tell 10 York developers to NOT go with a flatiron building as it's not fitting in with its surroundings (essentially doing the exact opposite of what it should do on both ends).

he first purely residential tower built in the Financial District

There's a half round condo building at Wellington and University that I would consider the first purely residential building.

It seems that this condo is targeting 'alpha' males (see the interview in The Star) so that is what he meant by "first purely residential building [that's targeted at alpha males that work on Bay Street]."

There's a half round condo building at Wellington and University that I would consider the first purely residential building.

I love that building !

It seems that this condo is targeting 'alpha' males (see the interview in The Star) so that is what he meant by "first purely residential building [that's targeted at alpha males that work on Bay Street]."

Alpha males don' t buy "356-square-foot studios ... starting in the mid $200,000s" ;)

Last edited:
Alpha males don' t buy "356-square-foot studios ... starting in the mid $200,000s" ;)

356 sq. ft. units are the smallest, not the only type of units in this building. So if the average is 550 sq. ft., I'm sure they'll be in the 400K+ range, and when looking at 24-34 year old mostly single men, i'm sure that's all they can afford....

you can't just look at the smallest unit size and cheapest price, mister! :)

Back