Pic taken July 20, 2012

BLW8d.jpg

I have not seen anything new on the park design, or the library design in fact. But the building is progressing at an impressive rate, and I understand that purchasers on the lower floors have already been notified to select final finishes.

VPpc3.jpg

Im assuming that application in the above pic is nothing new? is TCHC still building a 2 towers on the site north of the library and LDC build?

^ Between the library/LDC and the rail corridor will be a new open space area where Garrison Creek once flowed. It will also be connected to Fort York underneath Bathurst.

I was at the OpenRoof festival last night in the parking lot of the Amsterdam Brewery (visible in Jasonzed's first photo from the 3rd), and I must say, CityPlace looks pretty damn good. TCHC looked especially good and it was the first time I realized that the white 'exoskeleton' extends just slightly above the mechanical which I think is a nice touch. A shame this building will block it from the west. Also liked how the CN tower was perfectly framed by all the buildings when looking down Fort York Blvd.

Sorry no pics but next Thursday is the last night of the festival if anyone is so inclining to capture the same angle.

Yeah, the non-Concord buildings and the park really help the neighbourhood. And I'm thrilled to see some businesses in those townhouses.

Back