The Berczy is registered (before occupancy), unheard-of in Toronto. Concert said the South wall will be bricked later in the year, waiting on the heritage bricks.
Wow. This is incredible! This would have to mean that most elements are complete, right?

I wonder if this was deliberate on the part of the developer?

5 October 2013:

pb9t.jpg

0dz9.jpg

5s0h.jpg

WOOHOO!
Construction fencing all removed. Once again, nice walking at Church and Front.
I predict a lot nose prints on that dark tinted glass at sidewalk level in the next little while. ( mine is already there in a couple spots.)

I was very pleased to see the sidewalk open on my walk home today. The streetscape created along Church feels surprisingly intimate (in a good way):

EYNsoAF.jpg

Behind the fence, the public art component is being installed with weathering steel steps currently being installed.

Last edited:
While trying to find some references for Concert quality, found this:

“You only get one opportunity to make a good first impression,” says Rod Wilburn, Concert’s senior vice president of sales and marketing, “so we don’t allow the customers to see their unit during construction.” He compares the approach to that used by new car dealers. “You expect your car to be delivered in perfect condition, and that’s what our customers expect of their unit at move-in,” Wilburn explains.

However, six months before that fateful first showing, Concert’s customer service department begins a series of inspections that must be passed before the homeowner sees the unit. “We have to be 100 percent satisfied that it’s perfect,” Wilburn says. “Customer service has to sign off on the unit before they will even contact the customer to set a date for that first and final walk.”

http://www.avidbuilder.com/content/concert-properties-recognized-consistent-quality

Is it too much wishful thinking that maybe these people really do care about details?

Concert is a Vancouver based company. I have mentioned earlier the Concert building I see outside my office window. There is another Concert building near my home. As part of the construction process, Concert provided community meeting space. Oddly enough, the DRP and the Development Permit Board for our area meet in that public space. The level of material and of workmanship is superb, an opinion I know is shared by a number of development officials

I miss the village-feel that the building housing The Keg created here. Are there any retail units along the Church side?

There appeared to be a number; maybe 3 or so?

The weather steel steps and the tripod for the public artwork were installed today for the public art component. I didn't take any pics. of that as there was work ongoing and I wasn't in the mood to be harassed.

EDIT: There actually appears to be at least 5 retail units along Church Street.

Last edited:

Back