You know when something is glow in the dark, it has this sort of light green color? How cool would it be if the spandrel glowed at night?

I agree the colour of the spandrel isn't great. But considering the state of Toronto's condo scene, I am just happy that there isn't too much of it.

My main gripe with the spandrel on the bridges is that its horizontal stripe effect will take away from the truss bracing motif.

My only other issue is that they used a tan precast on the east wall instead of making it white. The tan, at least at this point, doesn't fit in with the rest of the development and white, as shown in early schematic renderings, reinforces that nice nautical quality. We don't get lots of white in Toronto, but right on the waterfront I think it's fitting.

Anyways, I'm still very much in love with this development and the use of "bridges" over the towers, stabilized on the buildings' cores, is quite clever.

My main gripe with the spandrel on the bridges is that its horizontal stripe effect will take away from the truss bracing motif.

They will be applying material to the outside of the bridge cladding that will mirror the angle of the steel bracing, kind of like what Theatre Park has going on

Yes, but I am worried about the horizontal spandrel underneath this bracing distracting from the truss pattern. Theatre Park's spandrel panels are visually indistinguishable from the rest of the glazing.

Yes, but I am worried about the horizontal spandrel underneath this bracing distracting from the truss pattern. Theatre Park's spandrel panels are visually indistinguishable from the rest of the glazing.

I will admit though, that red steel would look great as an exoskeleton - or even better a double-skinned clear glass facade with the steel in the middle.

47iuAIpl.jpg

lVzJK24l.jpg

Nice update SP!RE.
I have always thought that the Pier 27 sales centre would look great at Ontario Place

This building though sophisticated, seems overly serious for the waterfront. Something more whimsical and adventurous would have been better.

There are two bridges, there's a ships prow on the east one. More than that would be asking a lot for Toronto.

This building though sophisticated, seems overly serious for the waterfront. Something more whimsical and adventurous would have been better.

That would be much appreciated by many. I know many people who hate grey, glass boxes as much as I do. In fact, I think it's a small minority of Torontonians who actually like those things. (and most of them are on this site)

That would be much appreciated by many. I know many people who hate grey, glass boxes as much as I do. In fact, I think it's a small minority of Torontonians who actually like those things. (and most of them are on this site)

Well, there are quite a few people who hate them so much that they buy one.

Back