Why doesn't Ryerson U buy the plot of land across the street? Where that building burnt down. Is there any development for that piece of land?

Dec 19
11467026083_c021f3aa87_b.jpg

11466867885_05c9de90f6_b.jpg

11467018873_732f926c16_b.jpg

11467013233_51d8682e6a_b.jpg

11466904384_a55f25fbb3_b.jpg

I think the owner of that plot also owns the HMV and is planning a retail development with a condo on top.

The corner piece is owned by the Lalani Group, whereas the neighbouring HMV building isn't. The current development proposal that circulated a few months ago only applies to the vacant parcel.

The render on board shows the HMV being redeveloped with the corner plot.

I'm unaware of the status of the Lalani Group site and the neighbouring HMV site, but I will tell you that if you trust marketing renderings or make your conclusions based on them, you are going to have a bad time.

I'm unaware of the status of the Lalani Group site and the neighbouring HMV site, but I will tell you that if you trust marketing renderings or make your conclusions based on them, you are going to have a bad time.

[video=youtube;XddfToBTelE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XddfToBTelE[/video]

I think its generally safe to say that they would have the correct site in the renderings.. I'm not suggesting what is in the rendering is going to be built. I just somehow doubt they would have a render produced and purposely include a plot of land they don't own into the development.

Yonge looks trashy as ever the photos above, yet I'd go to many of those businesses with their ethnic foods and nude dancers. Only the cash advance store is useless to me, so it can get the hell out of there. If it were on any street but the city's main street, people would like Yonge Street's spread of establishments. It needs an overhaul--one that keeps all the heritage intact and restores its glory.

I walked by tonight, first time in a few months and was surprised at how big this building is getting. It was a little overwhelming, it's bigger than I thought based on the recent photos.

I walked by tonight, first time in a few months and was surprised at how big this building is getting. It was a little overwhelming, it's bigger than I thought based on the recent photos.

I walk past it several times a week and I concur. Its getting bigger much quicker than I anticipated.

Same here! Very excited to see this open. Luckily I'll still be a student so I can take advantage of it my last year of school.

Back