I like the shot with yonge street. I soooooooo want yonge street to have trees, wide sidewalks and bike lanes on it. It would make such a difference.

Looking at some recent photos here, curtains and blinds going up in the bottom half appear to help break up the horror of that section.

Meanwhile, over at the Lever Ponds facility, the view looking north-west.

LeverPondsJan17-14.png

Aura's massing is excellent. If it didn't have the mediocre cladding on the lower part and simplistic arrangement of balconies, it could have been an outstanding landmark by world standards.

Meanwhile, over at the Lever Ponds facility, the view looking north-west.

LeverPondsJan17-14.png

Nice pic, when is that Lever project going to start?
I think that Aura is a nice building but it will be surrounded by buildings in about ten years time.

I dunno about Lever Ponds officially but I'd expect to see it fully built out in ten to fifteen years. Meanwhile it's an interesting wasteland of old industrial - great for film and TV shoots, but that's about it.

The updates from the last two weeks have made my perception of this tower change from "that's a big building" to "that thing is really effing tall"! I think its height would've been a bit more pronounced if the curved section started 10 floors lower. But that thing is massive, and with all the other tall projects proposed and u/c, the section between Aura and 1 Bloor should fill up nicely in a few years.

Last edited:
Its sense of scale is heightened due the relative shortness of buildings in the immediate area; it looks monstrous large but if you were to plunk it down on lower Bay St. it wouldn't appear quite so gargantuan and almost certainly would be far less imposing.

I think this building looks rather sleek and sexy, from this point of view. Sure, it has it's flaws but they aren't as fatal, as some here would have us believe. This building will become an iconic landmark in due time.

Back