The Delta Hotel looks spectacular. In that skyline shot, the sloped crown of the Delta in addition to the Swiss cheese roof on Ice create some real visual interest that this otherwise monotonous view was missing.

I think Delta has the best façade in Toronto. What do you guys think?

It looks good, but there are numerous local skyscrapers I'd put in front of it including the TD Centre, Royal Bank Plaza, Commerce Court North, the Royal York and Brookfield Place.

The Delta is awesome sauce. Bremner Tower recedes in the background to give all the limelight to the Delta. I mean does anyone really notice Bremner Tower? I don't. I think that's a very good thing here.

I think it's only slightly more aesthetically interesting than the glassy tedium of its neighbours (it basically just adds white dots to the "cover in blue glass" formula), though the fact that it sits so far back from the front of the property annoys me too much to appreciate it.

Does anyone know what'll be on the roof of the podium? Green roof? Amenities? Pool?

(Thanks for all the shots mafaldaboy!)

Have they finished building up on the back part of the roof of the Delta? As per the database pics, the back part of the top goes up a several feet from the roof line as per the pic below...

DeltaRoof.jpg

Attachments

• DeltaRoof.jpg
    DeltaRoof.jpg
    8.9 KB · Views: 1,004
Ughh, so depressing how everything in this area is blue. When there’s a blue sky, it’s as if there’s no Southcore. The whole neighbourhood vanishes into a sea of banality.

Back