Errrr.....not that I care, at all, what she thinks, but I think I heard on the radio today (97.3) that when Madonna came to officially open Hard Candy, she commented that, and I quote "what an ugly F$@&ing building", but, I was flipping through stations and just caught a few seconds of what the DJ said, anyone hear about this? I know it's pointless, but I'm curious if I heard correctly, as to weather her description is accurate, it's all a matter of opinion. Personally, I think, from the top of the podium down, it's beyond ugly, but from above the podium, meah, it's ok, it's not as striking as I envisioned, but I'll reserve my opinion until they've finished. I hoping with the curved roof lines, and hopefully some decent accent lighting, it might not be too bad after all, either way, you can't miss it, fingers crossed, and happy weekend all :cool:

Apparently she loves Toronto (presumably whilst standing in Aura, and only seeing it by night).

Does it matter since the rest sucks?

For the past umpteen years, I have been reading and trying to ignore various comments posted here about AURA.

I wish you guys were to show some considerations/sympthay for about 780 individuals -- myself included -- who have purchased units here and most of whom have either moved or will be moving soon into AURA. They will be living inside the building and enjoy living there regardless as to how, in the opinion of others, it looks from outside.

As they say, keep your head down and shit will flow over:)

Last edited:
Again, a little thickness of skin is called for. I've had well-meaning people on other forums post opinions where they cite Leslieville as "dumpy" and although that description made me cringe and annoyed me, I got over it.

Hey, people are gonna get passionate about what they like and dislike. I am not going to pretend or mask my reactions to new buildings just to make nice - really, that kind of behaviour makes for a bland forum. As long as it's civil discourse, I have no objections to people taking positions I regard as being negative or even extreme.

Finally, congrats on your new digs! You can probably look down on the nay-sayers anyway.

For the past umpteen years, I have been reading and trying to ignore various comments posted here about AURA.

I wish you guys were to show some considerations/sympthay for about 780 individuals -- myself included -- who have purchased units here and most of whom have either moved or will be moving soon into AURA. They will be living inside the building and enjoy living there regardless as to how, in the opinion of others, it looks from outside.

As they say, keep your head down and shit will flow over:)

Why do you bother coming on to the thread then?--seems a bit masochistic, as you must be fully aware of the fact that in the eyes and minds of people who care about, and are informed about, such things as good architecture (yes there is such a thing), this building is widely considered to be a disaster. That status as a disaster has nothing to do with the interiors, or one's enjoyment of a particular unit, or the value of Aura as an investment, because those things have nothing to do with the point of this thread. Indeed there are other parts of the forum where those things can be appropriately considered. It seems a bit silly to be asking people to censor themselves and go easy on the building so as not to 'hurt the feelings' of the people who chose to purchase here. Easier thing to do would be for Aura residents to not torment themselves reading the comments on this thread, or to use your 'ignore' button to block people such as myself, who are genuinely angry that a building this big and this bad was allowed to be built in the heart of downtown, on our main street, and on a very important corner.

Finally, congrats on your new digs! You can probably look down on the nay-sayers anyway.

Thanks for your sympathetic comments, Lenser.

Yes, it will be a lot easier to look down on no-sayers, especially from 62nd floor:)

I wish you guys were to show some considerations/sympthay for about 780 individuals -- myself included -- who have purchased units here and most of whom have either moved or will be moving soon into AURA.

No one is criticizing the building with the intent of offending any unit owners, and the fact that you purchased in the building doesn't change the aesthetic mess that is the tower.

No one is criticizing the building with the intent of offending any unit owners, and the fact that you purchased in the building doesn't change the aesthetic mess that is the tower.

Thanks for your comments as well, whatever.

Feb 14
More up on Site
12541347284_7ddbe3e746_b.jpg

12540845005_8956fbbccb_b.jpg

12541359374_b746a007de_b.jpg

12541365844_714da08392_b.jpg

12541006333_ccfc49fd4b_b.jpg

12541377284_ae84e9ab5e_b.jpg

Thanks for the update! Looks like still lots of concrete going up with no steel. Seems the mechanical will be constructed of mostly concrete then.

The roof today

Um, it's only part of the roof. To be more accurate, it's part of the mechanical areas which will eventually form the roof feature. If memory serves it will be 5 or 6 levels at the south end and then it will slope down toward the north.

Back