News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.5K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.8K     0 

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think they know specifics, but I do believe that they have enough inside contact to gauge the relative likelihood of important developments (ie cops are building a good case and morale is high, arrest may be imminent vs no evidence sticking, morale is low and case falling apart) and plan their campaigns as best they can with that general information. It's rarely black and white.

This bats back at any nn...nnnaitivity? i have about politicians, thank you.

What is still bothering me about Anthony Smith is the amount of phone calls between Lisi and Ford right after his murder. Lisi's phone call patterns in general are really troubling...calling Ford and other characters at 4 in the morning, repeated short calls etc. All very strange behaviour that seems to point to SOMETHING bigger, I just don't know what.

This is true for everything in any of the ITO docs; all very strange behaviour that is detailed and pored over and felt to be strong enough to request and receive warrants to find something bigger.

So I have to ask everyone here... what are we going to do once all this drama Ford dissipates for good? Once we know what the charges are then a lot of the fun in speculation will be gone.

Maybe I'll have to take piano lessons or something...

So I have to ask everyone here... what are we going to do once all this drama Ford dissipates for good? Once we know what the charges are then a lot of the fun in speculation will be gone.

LOL! Yeah, I was just thinking the same thing. It will leave a big void in my daily routine, for sure.

I am considering piano lessons too!

Duff... I'm still doubtful about a direct connection, but I'm softening a little.

]

Seems so unfathomable to us "normals" but RoFo seems like exactly the sort of person who could attract this sort of chaos. I'm more inclined to believe in a Smith connection vs. any sort of mafia criminal mastermind theory. At best, he somehow tried to obstruct justice (haven't figured out how). At worst, he's a hapless idiot who got captured doing something bad on video. He got desperate and in over his head, a la Fargo.

I also have to ask - how do we detox from this?

Toronto Star’s Rob Ford coverage not the only reason for improved Q4 results, publisher says

http://business.financialpost.com/2...reason-for-improved-q4-results-publisher-says

Mayor Rob Ford not the only reason for stable Q4 profit: Toronto Star publisher

http://www.canadianbusiness.com/bus...t-in-fourth-quarter-revenue-falls-7-per-cent/

Honestly, TheStar's Rob Ford coverage was the sole reason I decided to buy a digital subscription despite the fact that I know how to work around the paywall.

I fundamentally disagree with the subscription/paywall model because I don't think it reflects the way people consume media anymore - I don't read newspapers front to back and instead click, click, click on articles from dozens of sources on any given day from all around the country and the world. I wish their was a way to make micro-payments on a per article basis or a "pay once and get access to many sources" type system.

However, the model I want doesn't exist. I respect the hell out of the TheStar for their coverage of this story and supporting their efforts financially makes me feel like I'm doing my part in some small way and I hope that it encourages more of this type of reporting in the future.

Would anyone care to look up the use of the slang term 'halal meat' during this sordid tale? I'm not sure if I'm remembering this correctly, but I believe it was revealed in the Lisi ITO that he used the term 'Halal Meat' when he was threatening Siad to retrieve the video. I also seem to remember a story about Smith's murder where the killer receive a coded text saying 'halal meat' telling him to take out Smith. Am I imagining this, or did that term pop up I two separate places?

Couple other things that have been gnawing at me -

1) Mo Farah saying something along the lines of " it's not right what is happening", and saying that Ford was 'exploiting' the Dixon rd youth.
2) the envelope drop-offs
3) Lisi going into Dixon on his own with no fear

I've been starting to wonder if ford is/was more than just a customer? How was he exploiting the Dixon Rd kids? Why would gun runners/seasoned dealers be afraid of Lisi? These things might make more sense if Ford was somehow part of the operation - maybe giving them 'start-up money' for lack of a better word? It would explain kickbacks in the envelopes, the 'exploiting' comment, and also why the Goonies might fear Lisi, if he is thought of as a 'made man' in Ford's crew.

Pure speculation, of course, but those 3points above are baffling to me when viewed separately.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back