27 March 2014:
v7wLPWG.jpg

19UuEvX.jpg

I love having zoom back!
g2UHL0N.jpg

Correct me if I'm wrong guys, but this white balcony glass, won't that hinder the view? I'm mean what's the point of having an apartment with a gorgeous view when you are sitting inside and all you see is sky? At least with clear glass you would be able to enjoy the view. Same thing when you are sitting on your balcony, all you see is white glass and sky. I've seen people even go to the extent of building a platform on their balcony so they can enjoy their view. Seems like solid balcony railings defeat the purpose of a view.

Seems to me that the white glass is translucent and would not completely hinder your view, but also add some privacy to the balconies compared to clear glass.

Interesting point. However all you need to do is stand up to enjoy the view. Unless you're a little person I guess.

Having balcony glass that adds to privacy and helps improve the overall look of the condo far outweighs your concern. Plus building platforms are restricted for the majority of condo boards re: stupid and dangerous.

The glass is not solid, you'll still be able to see through it.

Correct me if I'm wrong guys, but this white balcony glass, won't that hinder the view? I'm mean what's the point of having an apartment with a gorgeous view when you are sitting inside and all you see is sky? At least with clear glass you would be able to enjoy the view. Same thing when you are sitting on your balcony, all you see is white glass and sky. I've seen people even go to the extent of building a platform on their balcony so they can enjoy their view. Seems like solid balcony railings defeat the purpose of a view.

in Urban Dreamer's pic of the glass you can see through the glass.

Thanks LNahid2000, another great shot from above, these are great for seeing the construction progress since the podium is so tall at street level to see whats happening up top... keep em coming.

The low-rises of the area look more out of place and awkward by the day. Hopefully, before too long, those few remaining near the intersection will give way to something nicer.

Turning Bloor into a one-way street (westbound) between Parliament and Bathurst would do wonders for the area also, akin to 5th Avenue in New York. Does anyone know if the city has ever considered such a move?

Last edited:
Turning Bloor into a one-way street (westbound) between Parliament and Bathurst would do wonders for the area also, akin to 5th Avenue in New York. Does anyone know if the city has ever considered such a move?

Wouldn't that just turn it into a speedway? I'm not sure that Frogger-like intersections would benefit the pedestrian realm.

March 25
They were having problem with the frames that they removed 2 of them when I was shooting the site. Looks like there is a wire mesh in the glass panels unless there was something behind the panel when I shot it.
13425969294_ffd086e634_b.jpg

13425737163_e973472eae_b.jpg

13425990224_90704b4ce7_b.jpg

13425836603_f146aaa142_b.jpg

13425706145_0ddfab5bdb_b.jpg

13425718515_16875f038f_b.jpg

13425734775_660030fa73_b.jpg

13425829343_f38551c3b5_b.jpg

Originally Posted by DarkSideDenizen:

The low-rises of the area look more out of place and awkward by the day. Hopefully, before too long, those few remaining near the intersection will give way to something nicer.

Wouldn't that just turn it into a speedway? I'm not sure that Frogger-like intersections would benefit the pedestrian realm.

Not with lights at the same regular intervals. It's not exactly pedestrian-friendly now, especially at the intersections.

drum118 - The angle in your last photo might be even better than the one from the north/west corner of y/b because this one has The Bay in it.

I see you use flikr. How do you post these images so they appear so big? My come out as thumbnails that you have to click on.

drum118 - The angle in your last photo might be even better than the one from the north/west corner of y/b because this one has The Bay in it.

I see you use flikr. How do you post these images so they appear so big? My come out as thumbnails that you have to click on.

Use b in place of what letter show up d47c47143c_m.jpg becomes d47c47143c_b.jpg

Back