I suppose we are ending up with a woonerf here. They seem to work fine in countries with tulips, windmills, and speedskaters. We should know by the fall how it's working in the land of maple syrup, toques, and lacrosse players.

Haha, love it!

We like the idea of woonerfs, if they can keep cars from parking! We have one here at River City and it looks like hell with cars parked any and everywhere. It's beyond sad. No parking signs go up and notices saying to stop parking here go ignored. We find it difficult just to get into our lobby!! Threats of having your car towed apparently are meaningless.

I believe that the same issues occurred at the George Brown waterfront campus. Eventually Waterfront Toronto placed boulders between the tree pits just so cars couldn't physically park there. I guess people are desperate for free parking! In renderings the woonerfs look nice, I just wish that they turned out that way in reality.

I suppose we are ending up with a woonerf here. They seem to work fine in countries with tulips, windmills, and speedskaters. We should know by the fall how it's working in the land of maple syrup, toques, and lacrosse players.

Can we expect people to pick up their tables and chairs each time a car drives through? I don't think this is what the Dutch have in mind when they refer to woonerfs.

That's my understanding too. All of the plans show King St. as the primary driveway entrance, except for trucks, which enter from Morrison.

This was bad planning. King St. should never have been made the primary access when Morrison was an option.

King Street is to be the access point for all vehicles - including trucks. There is garage access for resident and commercial parking and a loading bay just to the north. Morrison is a dead-end street and will remain that way. Is is not intended as a through-way for vehicles, plus it is presently serving 10 Morrison condo (for parking, deliveries, moving and garbage and recycling), the service lane for the nearby businesses on Adelaide and the Rotblotts hardware store. Add to that, along with on-street parking, there is a surface parking lot located on Morrison that services business at 544 King Street. Allied Properties owns this lot, and it will eventually be developed as an office building. Parking and service access for that building is to be off Morrison Street, so Morrison is already stuffed with vehicular traffic. Allowing access off King for fashion House was a reasonable planning decision.

27 March 2014: They turned the lights off just as I walked by ... bastards! :p
Ij8tqFy.jpg

Today looking down into Silverplate
IMG_20140401_111918.jpg
IMG_20140401_112023.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_20140401_111918.jpg
    IMG_20140401_111918.jpg
    98.2 KB · Views: 2,372
  • IMG_20140401_112023.jpg
    IMG_20140401_112023.jpg
    99 KB · Views: 2,369
mexicana.jpg

So Wilbur Mexicana on the ground floor. Any one heard of this restaurant ?

Attachments

• mexicana.jpg
    mexicana.jpg
    86.4 KB · Views: 2,016

IMG_3664.jpg

IMG_3666.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_3664.jpg
    IMG_3664.jpg
    98 KB · Views: 1,145
  • IMG_3666.jpg
    IMG_3666.jpg