News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.5K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.8K     0 

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would love to see Sgt. Giroux go Shirtless Jogger on Rofo.

Also, he still owes our chief of police a formal apology.

I would love to see Sgt. Giroux go Shirtless Jogger on Rofo.

Also, he still owes our chief of police a formal apology.

He doesn't need to apologize, which coming from him has proven to be a meaningless exercise - he does need to answer their questions, and everyone elses'.

AoD

yes a sober coach is with the person 24/7, and i know that from this show.

How does a sober coach work 24/7 - if that's the plan - when the subject is (a) a very large man capable of mowing down human opposition (see McConnell, P), and (b) extremely prone to taking off in his Rob Ford Escalade (TM) late at night for shenanigans after having been deposited back at home.

For this to work, Rob would need a minimum of three sober coaches working 8-hour shifts, no?

If IHTWOMRF is to be taken as the spearhead of FordNation, then things are entering scary territory.

While Ford is dangerous to the city, I'm beginning I believe Flagg is more so. He's going off the deep end, and is leading the charge of a group (clique?) of increasingly more ignorant and anti-social followers.

Flagg made an overt reference to Olivia Chow recently along the lines of (not verbatim) "We don't want those people who sleep by their machines running the city ..."

Dimanno's article in the Star today really bashed the Fords, the last 2 lines:

"A man without scruples, without boundaries, without any saving grace.

Though not the scummiest Ford in the family."

How does a sober coach work 24/7 - if that's the plan - when the subject is (a) a very large man capable of mowing down human opposition (see McConnell, P), and (b) extremely prone to taking off in his Rob Ford Escalade (TM) late at night for shenanigans after having been deposited back at home.

For this to work, Rob would need a minimum of three sober coaches working 8-hour shifts, no?
He can't be living at home with Renata and the kids, it's too risky for him to have a relapse. My bet is that he's staying with Mom and Randy at the Ford compound along with the new babysitter. They can't trust him to be alone for more than a few minutes, and even then they are watching him like hawks. They've convinced themselves that a sober Rob can win in October, too much riding on it to allow Rob to fall off the wagon.

He can't be living at home with Renata and the kids, it's too risky for him to have a relapse. My bet is that he's staying with Mom and Randy at the Ford compound along with the new babysitter. They can't trust him to be alone for more than a few minutes, and even then they are watching him like hawks. They've convinced themselves that a sober Rob can win in October, too much riding on it to allow Rob to fall off the wagon.

Could be a hilarious scenario - Rob as grounded kid, opening his bedroom window at night to hoist up a basket full of product on a rope. Provided by his faithful henchman Sandro or another one of his errand boy/girls. I'm recalling an episode of one of those food addict tv programs where the man was too large to leave his bedroom. As his family cooked him healthy meals in the apartment kitchen, he was hoisting up burgers & fries through his bedroom window.

Shirtless horde follow up

Yesterday's Shirtless Horde protest outside Newstalk 1010 consisted of anywhere from 12 to 20 people at various times. (Full disclosure - including me).

A quick review shows that it was covered by cbc, ctv, Global, Sun Network, Sun, Globe, Star, NatPo, HuffPo, CP, 1010, and got further coverage on CHCH and elsewhere (BC), at a minimum. Most of the coverage I've seen has put the activity in a positive light - describing it with humour and in many cases reporting good solid quotes from the participants.

In media coverage terms, that's a pretty amazing return on the time and effort invested. Equivalent to at least one unit of media coverage of the latest Doug Ford inanity.

While there'll be some mocking of the shirtlessness, the media has jumped on the angle that citizens have run out of patience with the Ford circus and Rob's failure to answer questions.

There is real momentum in democratic citizen shirtlessness.

Buffboy seems to be in the same intellectual weight category as the rest of Fordamnation: "I am very proud of you four having the courage to come back..."

Unless he was referring to RoFo weighing about quadruple what he should.

I keep picturing him running away from DiGiorgio after the Leaf game, then running through the kitchen of the restaurant the other day to avoid the media. He will escape soon enough.

The Argos' home opener is today at 3. I bet he will be there and with a large group. How will the crowd react to him? That's usually his safe place but you have to wonder if beer will play into his appearance, should he attend. The revolt is quiet but it's happening and it could make his life interesting in the next few months if people keep getting in his face and stand up to him. He's bound to lose it soon enough.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back