The prices are on their website, here:

http://www.thebluffs.ca/index.php/prices-plans

That unit starts at $208900. The cheapest is a courtyard-facing studio (474 sf) at $159900. The most expensive is a lake view 3-bedroom, at $389900. However, that 3-bedroom is only 954 sf.

If you look again at the picture, you'll see that it is counter depth. And my fridge in my house (not a condo) is deeper than counter depth, and I prefer it, because it's... well... deeper. However, mine doesn't stand out because it's a cabinet-front fridge.

The marble looks similar to the stuff you find at Home Depot for bathroom ledges and what not, but just thicker. I believe it's called Carrara, which is pretty inexpensive, but it can potentially stain. I'm not sure if they offer upgrades though.

I guess a more built in look would better. I hate when fridges stick out like that. Makes all the focus go to the fridge.

The marble looks home depot-ish. I was still surprised to see it. Don't like the look, personally (too thin and flimsy looking). With marble you have to go hard or go home.

After looking at the prices, there seems to be some decent value here.

I guess a more built in look would better. I hate when fridges stick out like that. Makes all the focus go to the fridge.
May just be because of the layout. That unit is just one rectangle, with the kitchen and living/dining area being just one long space.

Not sure of the other layouts in the project.

Hi The KingEast and Eug,

Welcome to the forum! I was reading through your posts, it seems as though they have raised the prices slightly for the units. When I purchased my unit (slightly under 500 SF) it was under 200k, including parking. Marble only comes in one thickness (you are probably thinking of granite). Parking spots are $50,000 downtown, here they are included. Even with raised prices, it is still drastically cheaper and has higher quality finishing than most downtown buildings.
It is a wonder why the building has not sold out faster. If you have any questions, PM me.

OneC

The marble looks home depot-ish. I was still surprised to see it. Don't like the look, personally (too thin and flimsy looking). With marble you have to go hard or go home.

After looking at the prices, there seems to be some decent value here.

Marble only comes in one thickness (you are probably thinking of granite).

One can get marble of many different thicknesses, including for counters. Maybe just at that development, marble is only one thickness.

I agree the place is an excellent value though.

I believe that they will start demoing the hotel late June/early July. I have attached some updated renderings sent from their sales staff.
1.jpg
4.jpg
5.jpg
6.jpg

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    101.1 KB · Views: 1,169
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    98.5 KB · Views: 1,116
  • 5.jpg
    5.jpg
    98.2 KB · Views: 1,096
  • 6.jpg
    6.jpg
    99 KB · Views: 1,106
I was just in that area a few days ago and it's a depressing, dreary stretch. This building will hopefully be the beginning of a much needed makeover for Kingston Road.

I was just in that area a few days ago and it's a depressing, dreary stretch. This building will hopefully be the beginning of a much needed makeover for Kingston Road.

One of my favorite mid-rise developments in Toronto. It's very important that this building is a success as it may be the catalyst to bring about the desperately needed makeover along that section of Kingston Road.

One of my favorite mid-rise developments in Toronto. It's very important that this building is a success as it may be the catalyst to bring about the desperately needed makeover along that section of Kingston Road.

I was talking to one of the local restaurant owners around 2 weeks ago, he said one of the sales guys was by and they were down to having to sell something like 14 units to get financing.

Already loose plans (proposal?) for another just east of Brimley on the south side. Don't lose a strip mall or tacky hotel (but it will turf a vacant lot, a KFC and a bankrupt Mr. Transmission.)

I was talking to one of the local restaurant owners around 2 weeks ago, he said one of the sales guys was by and they were down to having to sell something like 14 units to get financing.

Already loose plans (proposal?) for another just east of Brimley on the south side. Don't lose a strip mall or tacky hotel (but it will turf a vacant lot, a KFC and a bankrupt Mr. Transmission.)

Yeah, I think financing won't really be a problem. I believe sales are around 70-72% (as quoted by the sales agent). They have a permit for demolition of the hotel to start either this week or, anytime in the first week of July.

Good to hear. I've said it before and I'll say it again, this is an undervalued part of town, and I really want to see this project go ahead and get a revitalization started. Not that one building will revolutionize the area, but Haven on the Bluffs will be a big improvement.

Good to hear. I've said it before and I'll say it again, this is an undervalued part of town, and I really want to see this project go ahead and get a revitalization started. Not that one building will revolutionize the area, but Haven on the Bluffs will be a big improvement.

No, it certainly won`t revolutionize the area, but getting one these built to demonstrate to other prop owners (and developers) of what`s now possible in this area could be the beginning of the end of this strip. Although you could argue one of the strip malls will more than likely stay, as you`ll need a grocery store and Shopper`s. They could be built into the base of a building, but this area isn`t that urban yet.

I was just coming to post that. Yeah, demolition has begun. (Sales were over 70% as of several weeks ago I believe.) The projected completion date is 2016.

Also, the sales guy said they've added townhouses, but I didn't inquire further so I don't know what that means exactly. Furthermore, I don't see townhouse plans on their site.

http://www.thebluffs.ca/index.php/prices-plans

Anyone have details on the townhouses?

Good to hear about the possible new site plan. That is perfect for that strip. It's devoid of life right now.

OTOH, it's at the road down to the beach. I was just at Bluffer's Beach on Sunday, and it was great.

20120623_bluffers_beach_5.jpg

blogTO said:
Bluffer's Beach is perhaps the most beautiful beach in Toronto. Nestled at the foot of the Scarborough Bluffs in the city's east end, Bluffer's is a rare man-made park that still succeeds in feeling wild and timeless.

If you're searching for a large sandy beach, where sand — not rock — greets your feet as they enter the water, and which feels isolated while being easily accessible, then the beach at Bluffer's Park is for you.

20120623_bluffers_beach_14.jpg

Near the parking lot it is moderately busy, but as you go left (east) (or forward off into the distance in the above picture) it becomes progressively emptier, while maintaining the fine sandy beach feel. The main problem though is parking. It gets super busy on the weekend and you may have to park 1 km away at another parking lot. If you're there before 10 am it should be fine though. It's a blue flag beach by the way.

However, it will get busier I'm sure once Haven On The Bluffs gets built, and even busier if they build another development near Brimley. But right now it's excellent.

Last edited:

Back