News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.7K     0 

Tuscani01

Member Bio
Reaction score
Hey Mods,

Would it be possible to add the project costs (Estimates in most cases) to Transportation and Infrastructure thread titles? It would be useful information to have in the thread title for these projects, since they are publicly funded. It would be the equivalent of stories and height being added in Projects & Construction.

Just reading through the Eglinton LRT thread I noticed a post comparing LRT construction costs to LRT projects throughout the USA, but couldn't easily locate the Eglinton LRT cost without opening google. It would be nice to have that information right on top of every thread.

Some thread titles do mention "Unfunded", so it would essentially be a continuation of that convention, by replacing unfunded with the cost.

Eg:

Eglinton-Crosstown LRT (Metrolinx, U/C & Design Phase, $2.5B)

Last edited:
Hey Mods,

Would it be possible to add the project costs (Estimates in most cases) to Transportation and Infrastructure thread titles? It would be useful information to have in the thread title for these projects, since they are publicly funded. It would be the equivalent of stories and height being added in Projects & Construction.

Just reading through the Eglinton LRT thread I noticed a post comparing LRT construction costs to LRT projects throughout the USA, but couldn't easily locate the Eglinton LRT cost without opening google. It would be nice to have that information right on top of every thread.

Some thread titles do mention "Unfunded", so it would essentially be a continuation of that convention, by replacing unfunded with the cost.

Eg:

Eglinton-Crosstown LRT (Metrolinx, U/C & Design Phase, $2.5B)
I think it changes too often and it would probably be too much work to keep up but ....

I think it changes too often and it would probably be too much work to keep up but ....

Depends what you mean by too often. Mississauga's BRT was projected to cost $259 million before construction started (2010). That number hasn't changed, and wont change until construction is complete, nearly 5 years later. Council did approve an increase in the budget back in 2013, however the final numbers won't be known until completion of the project.

Is every 3-5 years too often?

Back