It's simply on hold for the time being. DundeeKilmer people say it will still be Ten Arquitectos, but don't have a go-ahead date for it yet.

It's simply on hold for the time being. DundeeKilmer people say it will still be Ten Arquitectos, but don't have a go-ahead date for it yet. 42

I understood (correctly?) that IO and WT do not want any construction at the PAG Village site during the Games so I would assume we will only start to see anything new (except any temporary buildings for PAG) on the West Don Lands area until late 2015, at the earliest.

Correct. That wouldn't stop the marketing of another building before then though, but neither Canary District nor Canary Park are sold out yet, so it remains to be seen when the next building would be launched. There's no reason to believe that the Ten Arquitectos building will be next, meanwhile, as it will be the highest end of the bunch down there. That says to me 'save for last, have a successful neighbourhood under your belt, get the best price for it.'

Correct. That wouldn't stop the marketing of another building before then though, but neither Canary District nor Canary Park are sold out yet, so it remains to be seen when the next building would be launched. There's no reason to believe that the Ten Arquitectos building will be next, meanwhile, as it will be the highest end of the bunch down there. That says to me 'save for last, have a successful neighbourhood under your belt, get the best price for it.'

Do you know how sold out those two buildings are? Last I heard Canary District was over 90%. These are the only two residential projects slated for occupancy in 2016 correct? The other ones will come online later?

Both Canary Park and Canary District are up around the 90% sold mark. Yes, they are the only market buildings which are slated for a 2016 occupancy, but there are the TCHC buildings down there and the George Brown College residence that will occupy as well. By September 2016 there will be a few thousand people living on those streets.

Both Canary Park and Canary District are up around the 90% sold mark. Yes, they are the only market buildings which are slated for a 2016 occupancy, but there are the TCHC buildings down there and the George Brown College residence that will occupy as well. By September 2016 there will be a few thousand people living on those streets.

My understanding is that all of the remaining sites will be market buildings as well.

AoD

My understanding is that all of the remaining sites will be market buildings as well.

AoD

Block 12 includes 144 units of affordable and 235 units of market housing with double height retail and amenity areas on the ground floor.
Block 15 includes 190 units of market housing with retail and amenity areas on the ground floor.
Not sure about Block 16.

I'm just wondering how vibrant (aka retail, etc...) will be there in 2016 considering some of those Blocks won't be finished yet I've heard the retail will be fully occupied by July 2016.

DundeeKilmer has hired LiveWorkLearnPlay, the firm responsible for Mont Tremblant, Whistler, and Blue Mountain villages to find the right mix of neighbourhood and destination retail for the area, aiming to focus on the fitness market that can be reached by the area's location on the Don and Waterfront bike trails, etc.

DundeeKilmer has hired LiveWorkLearnPlay, the firm responsible for Mont Tremblant, Whistler, and Blue Mountain villages to find the right mix of neighbourhood and destination retail for the area, aiming to focus on the fitness market that can be reached by the area's location on the Don and Waterfront bike trails, etc.

Does that translate into a rack of corporate chain stores?

Hope it doesn't end up looking like the Disneyesque parts of Whistler, Tremblant and Blue Mountain. ;)

Does that translate into a rack of corporate chain stores?

Hope it doesn't end up looking like the Disneyesque parts of Whistler, Tremblant and Blue Mountain. ;)

At least those places have colour.

27 July 2014:
bjZmu2D.jpg

GmjOfR2.jpg

aMWE2NO.jpg

feLKyOE.jpg

Though the red isn't quite right - certainly not the Y red. Minor quibble. Nice stainless scrim.

In any case, wouldn't worry about the design of the future phases too much - I think they still get reviewed by the WT DRP.

AoD

Speaking of colour, I noticed the green roof on the GBC building today for the first time:

Below: The white bags on the roof of the YMCA building are just that, white bags, ballast holding down a membrane or other on a temporary basis:

Back