• Thread starter Suicidal Gingerbread Man
  • Start date
My concern is the addition on top of the dominion building. I would prefer that it be left alone.

The well known earlier SITQ vision for 45 Bay was to be 47 floors and 245m. The number of floors at least, has not changed that much. I wonder how the new version's height compares?

Looks like 50s plus mechanical (6s) ..im going to say 265 meters
...North tower looks like 62s plus mechanical (6s)...approx 310 meters

I see this as a scoop of some of the design elements used in the MTCC / Oxford proposal. If this gets done first, then the Oxford folks should redesign, otherwise the concept gets repetitive.

This is lovely work, refreshing. I agree with those of you who say that the Dominion building should be left alone, though.

I hope this goes up!

Looks great...except don't touch the Dominion Building. Listed in 1973, designated in 2006 as part of the Union Station Conservation District.

Just heard through the grapevine....

- buying gov't building on Front.
- air rights over tracks.
- approx 8 acres in total
- metrolinx and go (I think)
- 2.5 to 3 million sq. feet of office
- 600k-800k retail, anchored by Nordstrums

Design competition was held. 4 designs being revealed to management this week.

This was from October of 2013. Kudos to 11x for being the first with accurate information on this project.

Ivanhoe had a design competition for this project. Wilkinson Eyre were the winners. The renderings looked very promising.

It will be two towers, with a park spanning over the railway tracks. The first tower is being built on spec apparently, while the second tower is much further down the line (2022). Design looks similar to Hearst Tower in New York.

I bet maxcity is confusing this proposal for Oxford Place.

I am not confusing this development with the Oxford proposal. The south tower will have a new bus terminal at its base along with some retail, the towers will be completely office. The north tower will stand where the current bus terminal is.

how & where'd you get details for this? stop yanking our chain.

I think a few people here owe an apology to maxcity. Not that I'm holding my breath waiting for one.

Great looking buildings, but I don't like the idea of modifying the Dominion Public Building.

I've done a basic pixel count, and come up with a total height (excluding any perspective-caused length distortion) of 296m for the north tower, 231m for the south tower, and 166m for the east tower:

45Bayheightsb_zps5cd3f773.jpg

Of course this is based on the public images, the actual construction plans are likely to change at least somewhat.

Last edited:
Those renderings look great! I love the green spaces part way up each tower.

I'll take it if it means a new bus terminal and PATH connections.

Can someone provide a map of where this would be on the PATH network?

Back