Again, encourage every victim starts calling the police!

Anyone knows if real estate board could help in this case?

I am not sure about the real estate board, but believe that informing the MP of Willowdale is not a bad idea at this stage.
MP could be the best way to connect to the governmental parties at upper levels.

Chungsen Leung
Email: Chungsen.Leung@parl.gc.ca
Phone No. : 416-223-2858 or 613-992-4964
Address: 145 Sheppard Ave West
Willowdale, Ontario
M2N 1M7

Hi everyone, should we create a new email address, then all the victims can send their email to this email address, if there is any issue happen, then we can email each other directly, i knew 10 victims so far, and i do ask them to call the police!

Good idea

I believe our goal at this stage should be draw as much attention as we can.
I highly recommended everyone to do the followings:

1.Call the police
2.Call the Law Society of Upper Canada (check out the compensation Fund at : http://www.lsuc.on.ca/with.aspx?id=428)
3.Inform the MP
4.Inform the media (any kind of media would be great)

Thank you for the contact information!
I am not sure about the real estate board, but believe that informing the MP of Willowdale is not a bad idea at this stage.
MP could be the best way to connect to the governmental parties at upper levels.

Chungsen Leung
Email: Chungsen.Leung@parl.gc.ca
Phone No. : 416-223-2858 or 613-992-4964
Address: 145 Sheppard Ave West
Willowdale, Ontario
M2N 1M7

I received letter from Bratty as well said there is a court hearing on Sept 2nd for getting court order to release the fund to purchaser. I have also had my lawyer to deal with Bratty. It seems that there are at least 2 lawyers used to represent to developer. Bratty side seems fine so far, but Cho side seems getting trouble. Actually my lawyer said even the lawyer get bankruptcy and the money in trust account all gone, the purchasers should be able to get compensation from law society which is back by insurance. Normally it should cover whatever you lost, but may take time to go through whole process. I suggest all of us to have a lawyer to provide you professional opinion and represent you to go through the whole process to get money back as much as you can. Good luck to all.

Nothappy

No. Cannot confirm my deposit in the trust fund. My lawyer sent a letter asked them what happened to the project. Without answer any specific question, they sent a mutual release agreement and asked me to sign in order to get back my deposit. Before I sign anything, another lawyer Anthony sent a notice to call off everything. Hopefully, my deposit is still in the trust fund with Brattys since they asked me to sign release form. According to a letter from Brattys after I paid my deposit, the trust fund should be with BMO. Also, I heard there is a escrow agent known as GCNA.

I think there may be different lawyers for different development. Brattys is for condo, Cho is for commercial, may be another one for the hotel. This making things more complicated.

Refer to Meerai Cho:
1. Please report to Police officer at 32 division.
2. Try to contact media : CTV 416-384-7148 pforan@ctv.ca Mr. Pat Foran ( Any one can do that? ).
3. Contact the law society.

Hello Everyone, about our email chain, please kindly send your email contacts to northyork2014@gmail.com
some investors have already created the email chain and a Wechat group for discussion,/ information sharing. Leave your Wechat ID if you would like to participate group discussion.
Thank you.

FYI, there is another law firm involved Lee & Ma LLP for those who signed Investor Commitment Agreements for residential condo units at 5220-5250 Yonge St., Centrium at North York. Lee & Ma LLP collected Commitment Fee of $5000 in Trust.

Just wanted to let you guys know that I have left my contact info with the journalist, still didn't receive anything back from him/her.

Will update you frequently.

Back