News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.4K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.7K     0 

Status
Not open for further replies.
I heard an excerpt from Slob's audio message. I am assuming he was yet to begin chemo, so if he is that frail sounding and it is legit, once the therapy starts he should be incapable of camping for some time thus should not be in the race. If he is faking it, then Ward 2 should shun him for such contemptible dissembling. Either way, he should not be in CH after Dec 1.

There is no way that Doug shows up at a LGBT hosted debate.

Before the twomer I was opining about rofo attending these two debates and the hypocrisy that would be required in order to attend as an anti Semitic homophobe. Considering he was playing on a monkey bars he voted against or attending multi cultural fests he tried to quash, it seems the hypocrisy doesn't phase him. As for the Wiesenthal debate I was hoping the brave jewish ex exec from deco would just sit in the front row. Of course rofo had no intention of attending either event. And dofo wont either.

I got really pissed off earlier today when I saw Rob was about to release a recorded statement. But instead of listening to his message, I went to the Canadian Cancer Society website and made a small donation "with best wishes for recovery to everyone in treatment, not just Rob Ford." I think this is a sentiment our pols and journos should start picking up on. I also like to think it's one we should start passing it around. Tweet it. Put it on Facebook. Kvetch to your local candidates. If your so inclined, make a donation to a charity. Doesn't matter. We just have to do something to drown out the "we should pull for Rob" chorus. He's hardly alone.

This is a wonderful idea. I did the PMHF ride to conquer cancer 4 years in a row, until complications following surgery left me disabled (but I'm hardly bitter that my doctors didn't listen to my concerns).

Even better, join up to ride. Join a team--I highly recommend Steve's Cyclepaths! and help conquer cancer in our lifetime. All you need is a bike and a helmet!

http://to15.conquercancer.ca/site/PageServer/?pagename=to15_homepage

I thought Doug had attended from LBT events?

Rob wouldn't and he won't.

Can I tweet this? Love to see media somewhere calling out the FoFam!

Everyone should!

Before the twomer I was opining about rofo attending these two debates and the hypocrisy that would be required in order to attend as an anti Semitic homophobe. Considering he was playing on a monkey bars he voted against or attending multi cultural fests he tried to quash, it seems the hypocrisy doesn't phase him. As for the Wiesenthal debate I was hoping the brave jewish ex exec from deco would just sit in the front row. Of course rofo had no intention of attending either event. And dofo wont either.

I wouldn't be surprised if Doug skips all but the televised debates.

This kind of thing makes me wonder who taught MoFo and the FoFam these devious tactics. There is no possible way on Jesus' purple earth that DoFoJr (aka smart one) could come up with this kind of "Media Efficiency"

Who's Harper's (most) political gurus? These are the real culprits, as they obviously (allegedly, of course) are the ones supplying the strategy to FoFam.

i don't know who is helping them out, but I agree that some of these moves don't seem home-grown or like Ford home cookin'.

Idiot savants, or do they have ghost camping managerials?

Layton's popularity helped the NDP become the official opposition. A lot of people felt taken when Jack up and died on them. Olivia can't be too hard on Rob without the question of Jack coming up.

ETA:
So Jack did exactly what Rob is doing. He ran for office knowing full well he couldn't do the job. How can Olivia challenge Rob on this without it coming back to her?

Jack ran for office as an MP and also as leader of a nation-wide political party to try to win either government or official opposition status. He accomplished the latter objective, vastly improved the NDP's influence in Canadian politics, and passed the torch, literally with failing hands, to another strong leader. His was a far different goal and far larger accomplishment than simply seeking a ward seat for the purpose of pressing the No button and blaming cyclists and gays for their own deaths.

Didn't he get cancer twice? I thought he won after he beat the first bout.
I don't recall an earlier cancer. He'd announced the year before he died he had prostate cancer, but was very upbeat, noted his father had beaten the same cancer, looked healthy, and little more was said. I don't recall it being used for gain during the election. And I don't recall it ever being mentioned as part of the election campaign by any of the NDP. I suppose the prostate cancer might have been seen as another cancer, that he looked as though he'd beaten.

I think it's clear that he didn't actually beat this cancer, given he was dead with 18 months. I can't recall an earlier one. Chow had cancer before, but that was never used for electioneering much - but perhaps I missed something.

I can't recall ever seeing anything like the grandstanding Ford is doing, by anyone, right or left.

Last edited:
With that scenario, I hope he dies.

Well, that's harsh.

To those getting all empathizey/sympathizey and offering up prayers concerning Rob Ford, some encouraging words: I too have been offering up prayers concerning Rob Ford (for the last four years as a matter of fact) and mine have been answered. Perhaps yours will be too.

gahan-wilson-well-you-certainly-were-right-about-the-power-of-prayer-dear-cartoon.jpg

Attachments

• gahan-wilson-well-you-certainly-were-right-about-the-power-of-prayer-dear-cartoon.jpg
    gahan-wilson-well-you-certainly-were-right-about-the-power-of-prayer-dear-cartoon.jpg
    46 KB · Views: 632
I don't recall an earlier cancer. He'd announced the year before he died he had prostate cancer, but was very upbeat, noted his father had beaten the same cancer, looked healthy, and little more was said. I don't recall it being used for gain during the election. And I don't recall it ever being mentioned as part of the election campaign by any of the NDP. I suppose the prostate cancer might have been seen as another cancer, that he looked as though he'd beaten.

I think it's clear that he didn't actually beat this cancer, given he was dead with 18 months. I can't recall an earlier one. Chow had cancer before, but that was never used for electioneering much - but perhaps I missed something.

I can't recall ever seeing anything like the grandstanding Ford is doing, by anyone, right or left.
When he became ill the second time, they said it was cancer but that they were not going to reveal what type of cancer -- but it wasn't the prostate cancer recurring. Based on close family experience, my guess is pancreatic. Very low survival rate (makes Rob's 50/50 chances look awesome) and it moves pretty quickly. That's just a guess though; the family has never revealed what type it was.

From this article, there were people saying that he should have disclosed: http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/layton-s-family-still-mum-on-his-cause-of-death-1.1184771

When he became ill the second time, they said it was cancer but that they were not going to reveal what type of cancer -- but it wasn't the prostate cancer recurring. Based on close family experience, my guess is pancreatic. Very low survival rate (makes Rob's 50/50 chances look awesome) and it moves pretty quickly. That's just a guess though; the family has never revealed what type it was.

From this article, there were people saying that he should have disclosed: http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/layton-s-family-still-mum-on-his-cause-of-death-1.1184771

That's what I remember. When we saw him he was already looking very sick and he didn't live much longer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back