8.4K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.7K     0 

Status
Not open for further replies.
From the NP:
"Rob Ford so weakened by cancer treatments he’s unable to take the stairs after voting in advance poll"

"He said he is returning for another round of chemotherapy on Oct. 29 _ two days after the election."

http://news.nationalpost.com/2014/1...s-hes-unable-to-take-the-stairs-after-voting/

eta - The second part about doing more chemo, I think he's wrong (again)

Interesting... going down stairs is usually harder, and he did that with vigor.

If there is a third called for then it would after an eighteen day clean-out.

Last edited:
Last edited:
Why do you think he's Stage 4, patty? I'm curious to know. The NCI describes Stage 4 as a cancer that has spread to "distant tissues and organs." In terms of spread, we only know about the nodule in Rob's butt. I asked a doctor friend (a retired ER guy, *not* an oncologist) what "distant" meant in this context. He felt that the description of Rob's condition didn't meet the Stage 4 criteria, at least based on what I told him. The rest of your comment makes perfect sense to me. What am I missing re the staging? TIA.

Stage 4 isn't always mets. Keep in mind that the staging criteria varies between different types of cancers.

AoD

Not in the pic with A Smith (before he was killed over the vid).

EDIT: tried to reply to comment about his suit being his crack smoking uni. Sorry, eh.

Man, I thought that was a cryptic clue: 'someone associated with Ford, but not in the Anthony Smith photo, is going to ...'

From his Star photo he has certainly not lost any weight. From my experience with people on chemo they tend not to eat so I guess this may be water retention.
voting.jpg

Attachments

• voting.jpg
    voting.jpg
    102.2 KB · Views: 804
So, everyone but Olivia Chow is talking about subways. She is onto something with her bus focus, as I had to wait 20 minutes for a Warden bus, at which point it was packed.

So, everyone but Olivia Chow is talking about subways. She is onto something with her bus focus, as I had to wait 20 minutes for a Warden bus, at which point it was packed.
What bus push? She's said she can fix TTC for about $20 million a year. About the amount of the Ford/Stintz cuts in 2011. Was TTC working in 2010? No ...

What bus push? She's said she can fix TTC for about $20 million a year. About the amount of the Ford/Stintz cuts in 2011. Was TTC working in 2010? No ...

She is the only one addressing bus trains and overcrowding. Try taking the 54 Lawrence East bus. Those bus trains happen daily.

She is talking about subways. Specifically the relief line.

She is talking about subways. Specifically the relief line.

She doesn't focus almost entirely on them though. Doug just pays some lip service by talking about bus funding.

Siobhan Morris @siomo · 8m 8 minutes ago
Dr. Mitch says docs/Ford must balance risk of him catching something with benefits to his pysche from social interaction.

Siobhan Morris @siomo · 6m 6 minutes ago
Dr. Mitch says cancer patients already feel isolated. Figures human contact in person/over phone could give Ford boost in health battle

Last edited:
Why do you think he's Stage 4, patty? I'm curious to know. The NCI describes Stage 4 as a cancer that has spread to "distant tissues and organs." In terms of spread, we only know about the nodule in Rob's butt. I asked a doctor friend (a retired ER guy, *not* an oncologist) what "distant" meant in this context. He felt that the description of Rob's condition didn't meet the Stage 4 criteria, at least based on what I told him. The rest of your comment makes perfect sense to me. What am I missing re the staging? TIA.
The doctor said the 2nd tumour was the same type as the larger tumour. I took that to mean it had spread to his butt from his abdomen. IIRC any time the same type of cancer is found in another part of the body, it's considered stage 4. Plus I found it interesting that the doctor didn't stage the cancer when he did the press conference. I suspect if it had been other than stage 4 we would have heard, especially with him running for office.

She doesn't focus almost entirely on them though. Doug just pays some lip service by talking about bus funding.
Tory said that he was generally behind funding TTC's $50+million/year service improvement program for buses and streetcars. Chow has $20 million/year. Hard not to give this one to Tory.

Lawn sign report from Ward 13.

I moved to this ward in the late 1970's from Ward 4. This is what I see on my neighbourhood walks.

Almost no mayoral signs seen. Saw a few for Ms. Chow.

What I did see were of lot to re-elect Councillor Doucette. Also, many "Save out Village" signs.

What this indicates to me, and from talking to neighbours, is that many in the area have very little interest in the other 240 square miles.

We have the subway and High Park. What most do not want is those cranes in the sky Doug keeps boasting about. NIMBY! ( There I said it. :D )

Perhaps that's why Doug got booed by the "ignorant" folks at the Ward 13 debate?

View attachment 35648View attachment 35649

one FordMayor sign in the Juntion/BWV, street behind mine...

Tory said that he was generally behind funding TTC's $50+million/year service improvement program for buses and streetcars. Chow has $20 million/year. Hard not to give this one to Tory.

who exactly are you voting for... not voting is a cop out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back