News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.4K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.7K     0 

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'll keep that in mind next time I pronounce a patient.

JGHali, thank you for your insights, it's nice to have an expert in medicine posting here.

(Thanks as well to the other posters who clearly have some knowledge of medical science).

Sorry if this qualifies as trolling, but... whenever JWBF makes an untrue assertion, it's best to just ignore him/her.

Doug in the Avery interview

"Its what you do to correct the mistake. And what you're going to do moving forward. And Rob's doing that right now. He's on a regimented workout program every day. Regimented diet. He has a healthy lifestyle. And uh, he's going to knock off a few pounds. And he's ready to go in the next election."

I don't know how he can sit there and spew this BS with a straight face. Yep, the problem with Rob is a few extra pounds. Really, He's working out EVERY DAY? I thought he was dying of cancer.

Doug in the Avery interview

"Its what you do to correct the mistake. And what you're going to do moving forward. And Rob's doing that right now. He's on a regimented workout program every day. Regimented diet. He has a healthy lifestyle. And uh, he's going to knock off a few pounds. And he's ready to go in the next election."

I don't know how he can sit there and spew this BS with a straight face. Yep, the problem with Rob is a few extra pounds. Really, He's working out EVERY DAY? I thought he was dying of cancer.

Who knew, chemotherapy is the new liposuction.

AoD

Of course people die of cancer, as in die as a result of the disease process. Solid tumours invade healthy tissues, compress vascular and nerve structures, cause bleeds and swelling, and "crowd out" the metabolism of other tissues. I suppose, for example, that airway obstruction from a massively bleeding central lung tumour could be viewed as a "complication". Of course, tumours in the head have a certain tendency to compress brain tissue, causing a variety of symptoms up to and including brain death. And I say all this without even mentioning leukemias or lymphoma.

Anyway, that was something of a questionable statement.

All this constant talk about cancer and death is starting to scare the s#*t out of me.

From today's Sun, seems like Doug is continuing to win over people:

Ford heckled at debate for comments on Tory's wealth

“You come from a totally different world than the rest of us,†he said as the crowd booed.

“Come on, give it,†yelled one man. “Let's pass the hat for Doug.â€

http://www.torontosun.com/2014/10/15/ford-heckled-at-debate-for-comments-on-torys-wealth

eta - still laughing at passing the hat for Doug, I love it!

The part I liked was:

After the debate, Ford defended his attacks on Tory, saying that unlike his opponent, he hasn't gotten personal.

“I'm going after someone's record,†he said. “I'm not calling him a homophobe, like he called me. I'm not calling him a racist, like he called me. I'm not calling him every name under the sun, like he's called me.â€

Doug Ford: "Rob handles 130,000 calls a year."
On a cell phone? Good grief, I worry about a couple of 15-second calls a day because of the cancer risk of shoving this device to my head, which the warnings that came with the device say should be kept so many inches away from the body.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back