Yeah I would have to agree. If its smelling all the way in p3/p4 that must be sewage/plumbing related. I would def let the property managemtn know about it. Its on the residents of all phases to let them know of all issues so they can be corrected esp before the building registers at which point costs would be passed on to residents through maintenance. Any other issues you notice in tower 3? As I have yet to move into tower 3 but will be in January.

Also just wondering what the time between occupancy and closing has been for residents of tower 1 and tower 2.
I know that tower 1 is now registered. I beleive tower 2 is soon to follow. Trying to estimate when registration for tower 3 will be. I know it will be early 2015 just tryng to figure out a better timeline. Thanks for all the help.

I think we as residents need to use this forum to communicate any issues and help eash other veen if were in diff towers. Any defects that can be pointed out will prob apply to all 3 since seems same contractors where used for infrastructure especially.

Mine is 8 weeks of occupancy in tower 2. My final closing date is on Oct 28.

Yeah I would have to agree. If its smelling all the way in p3/p4 that must be sewage/plumbing related. I would def let the property managemtn know about it. Its on the residents of all phases to let them know of all issues so they can be corrected esp before the building registers at which point costs would be passed on to residents through maintenance. Any other issues you notice in tower 3? As I have yet to move into tower 3 but will be in January.

Also just wondering what the time between occupancy and closing has been for residents of tower 1 and tower 2.
I know that tower 1 is now registered. I beleive tower 2 is soon to follow. Trying to estimate when registration for tower 3 will be. I know it will be early 2015 just tryng to figure out a better timeline. Thanks for all the help.

I think we as residents need to use this forum to communicate any issues and help eash other veen if were in diff towers. Any defects that can be pointed out will prob apply to all 3 since seems same contractors where used for infrastructure especially.

yes, I will call management office. Their working hour doesn't work for me. It's difficult for me to find a time to talk to them face to face (I have some other issues...):(:(:(

yes, I will call management office. Their working hour doesn't work for me. It's difficult for me to find a time to talk to them face to face (I have some other issues...):(:(:(

It also makes going to pick up your transit pass a huge hassle. I have to leave work early to make it before they close.

Are transit passes available already?? or are they only for those in buildings that have closed already?

I was advsised by customer care that after final closing we would be receiving an e mail advising that transit passes are ready for pick up.

I was advsised by customer care that after final closing we would be receiving an e mail advising that transit passes are ready for pick up.

I think your right. I was reading my purchase agreement looking for some info regarding some of the closing costs to expect and somewhere in it I found the transit pass document which said that after the building registers we will be eligble for it. So im assuming they will contact you via email or other method to let you know its ready to be picked up.

Im curious what total closing costs will be ? I know its dependent on whether you have a 1 or 2 bedroom but since some of you have already closed and your unit is registered maybe you can give me some figures as to what I can expect. I did get a few things capped for my 2 bedroom unit development fees where capped at $7500 I belive the 1 bedroom or 1+den was capped at $4500, and there was also a parking levy of $2500 Max I believe. But besides that everything else seems standard in the agreement.

Thanks for any responses in advance :)

Techia - great that you requested an emergency meeting. To me, the elevator situation is no longer a matter of inconvenience. This is what I wrote to property management.

My concern is not one of inconvenience but safety. There is one air vent in the underground waiting area. I don't know if the airflow capacity was designed for a large group being there for extended period of time. I called the security because I had an infant with me. Lack of oxygen in underground parking lot is a real and known risk. While unlikely for healthy adults, the most serious consequence due to carbon monoxide poisoning is death. ‎Safety has to be prioritized above convenience.

So yesterday a small group of us met with Shelley Carol (councillor for our ward) and the members from our board of directors. Peter, Matthew, and Crystal. I was actually very disappointed with the turnout. There were only around 20 some odd residents there. I urge you all to attend next Tuesdays meeting with the lawyer the board has hired to determine next steps for recouping funds for damages and impact to our maintenance fees etc. If you don't show up and have your voice heard nothing will be done to improve. As everyone has seen with the Toronto elections that is a terrible thing.

Some Key Highlights Mentioned
- Shelley claims that we have some 85 page document full of promises that the developer has made to the city for having the chance to build all the condos in these areas - big question mark for me is that how are we keeping them accountable and does our board even know about this document (I will try and ask next week
- Some residents from the 4th were very upset and I can't blame them for the lack of process and communication coming from the board and property management (the board and property management at the meeting have promised to look at these processes and ensure a better response next time such a incident occurs)
- Elevators was another huge item that people mentioned - still no one could come up with answers - I am hoping property management actually steps up and speaks at our next meeting and face some of these tough questions and be honest and fully transparent

Recommendations:
- I noticed that there is a huge disconnect with the board, property management, and the developer - I advised them that they need to understand their roles and responsibilities and be much more transparent with their communication - that was a huge thing that was stressed - communication of information was a big beef from all the residents - they obviously haven't sat down together to put a communication plan in place
- I also told them that we brought up all these issues and potential next steps so please have someone own these items and send these out for other residents to review and to do a lessons learned debrief - people are forgiving when it happens once but when it happens multiple times and it doesn't improve people have a right to be pissed off

Anyways, those were just things that were mentioned. Many residents just wanted to be heard and it was very sad to hear how some of the 4th floor residents were being treated.

Hope to see a better turnout next week.

So yesterday a small group of us met with Shelley Carol (councillor for our ward) and the members from our board of directors. Peter, Matthew, and Crystal. I was actually very disappointed with the turnout. There were only around 20 some odd residents there. I urge you all to attend next Tuesdays meeting with the lawyer the board has hired to determine next steps for recouping funds for damages and impact to our maintenance fees etc. If you don't show up and have your voice heard nothing will be done to improve. As everyone has seen with the Toronto elections that is a terrible thing.

Is this meeting only for Tower 1 residents? I actually didn't know about it. It was probably mentioned in this forum, but if it was, it quickly slipped my mind. Such meetings really do need to be better advertised. Low turnouts isn't so much due to apathy, but more just because we didn't know about them or forgot about them.

I'm a tower 3 resident, but I'd be interested in these developments.

Is this meeting only for Tower 1 residents? I actually didn't know about it. It was probably mentioned in this forum, but if it was, it quickly slipped my mind. Such meetings really do need to be better advertised. Low turnouts isn't so much due to apathy, but more just because we didn't know about them or forgot about them.

I'm a tower 3 resident, but I'd be interested in these developments.

I believe that there will certainly be a benefit to all three boards sharing information, especially infancy stages and when it comes to the common areas that are shared by all three towers. Each building however will have their own unique issues that will need to be dealt with between the residents and their respective boards. Having said that, plumbing issues are becoming an issue affecting all thre towers as now all three towers have had issues with flooding, that are were the fault of the plumbing contractors not doing their jobs properly.

Thanks so much for the update. I was unable to attend yesterday's meeting but will try my best to be there for Tuesday's.

- Shelley claims that we have some 85 page document full of promises that the developer has made to the city for having the chance to build all the condos in these areas - big question mark for me is that how are we keeping them accountable and does our board even know about this document (I will try and ask next week
- Some residents from the 4th were very upset and I can't blame them for the lack of process and communication coming from the board and property management (the board and property management at the meeting have promised to look at these processes and ensure a better response next time such a incident occurs)
- Elevators was another huge item that people mentioned - still no one could come up with answers - I am hoping property management actually steps up and speaks at our next meeting and face some of these tough questions and be honest and fully transparent

Recommendations:
- I noticed that there is a huge disconnect with the board, property management, and the developer - I advised them that they need to understand their roles and responsibilities and be much more transparent with their communication - that was a huge thing that was stressed - communication of information was a big beef from all the residents - they obviously haven't sat down together to put a communication plan in place
- I also told them that we brought up all these issues and potential next steps so please have someone own these items and send these out for other residents to review and to do a lessons learned debrief - people are forgiving when it happens once but when it happens multiple times and it doesn't improve people have a right to be pissed off

Anyways, those were just things that were mentioned. Many residents just wanted to be heard and it was very sad to hear how some of the 4th floor residents were being treated.

If the developer had made promises to the city (85 pages worth) then you should ask Ms. Carol to speak on that and explain what the city is doing to hold Elad accountable for their broken promises. Its not your boards responsibility to chase the developer for broken promises to the city, its the city's .We will have enough trouble chasing them for broken promises to the owners let alone the city. There is a proposal before council to expand the scope of the development to include additional units. This would seem like a good time to address broken promises. but will they ? probably not because the additional units will mean additional revenue. One broken promise to the city that is becoming a bigger issue as the towers fill up, is the closure of forest manor road. It should have been open in May. How long will it take the city to force them to finish.

Shelley claims that we have some 85 page document full of promises that the developer has made to the city for having the chance to build all the condos in these areas - big question mark for me is that how are we keeping them accountable and does our board even know about this document (I will try and ask next week

I don't suppose this 85-page document is available anywhere for us to look at?

I don't suppose this 85-page document is available anywhere for us to look at?

I have been able to find some of the old City of Toronto Staff reports but anything that I have found that resembles "promises" deal more with the community as a whole than they do specifically with the individual towers themselves, things such as Rental replacements, community centre, the building of the new road, public access through the three towers, green space, that sortof thing.

lawsuit

Recommendations:

I can't thank you enough for this summary and I will try my best to be there next Tuesday. I work later hours so I'm going to shift some things around.

I wonder if creating an social media account (Facebook) perhaps may get more people involved and voice their opinions.

I wonder if we have a case for a lawsuit Re:
Elevators since Day 1
and
3 major floods since Day 1

Thanks hope to see more people attend next time,
Gary

Last edited:

Back