8.4K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.7K     0 

Status
Not open for further replies.
betsy powell ‏@powellbetsy 5m5 minutes ago
"Let me be very clear her name never came up. It had nothing to do with anyone in that studio," Ford said, adding its being twisted around

You generally don't say that kind of thing in general, especially when running for office...

Yep. And the polls were WAY off.
They were supposed to be neck and neck, and the final vote showed a 2:1 ratio.

Polls are useless.

What'd be weirder still would be if even after all the calls-to-vote-strategically-Tory, Olivia Chow still winds up with a *higher* share than Judy W-L come E-day...

DoFo was on Z103.5 fm just now. When asked about the jpags bitch comment, he again claimed that he was having a private conversation with his two staff, and his comments were not related to anyone at the debate venue. In other words, he wasn't willing to offer an explanation.

It's not a private conversation when you're in a public place.
So many follow up questions can be asked, eg:

Why would you say "that" little bitch if not indicating someone in the immediate vicinity.
Were you referring to someone who pays taxes? Because the 'Ford Mayor' lawn signs claim "Respect for taxpayers" and the b-word indicates the opposite of respect.

Nah the thread will stay current...R Ford is not going to fade away...he'll spend the next four years at every TCHC building and board meeting, at every TTC board meeting....he make himself a pain with continued and unending public presentations at Committees and Exec...it will make no difference whether he is an elected Councillor or member of the general public he'll be a bee under Council's bonnet....

It's going to be pathetic when Chemo Patient Rob attends meetings.

Last edited:
Nah the thread will stay current...R Ford is not going to fade away...he'll spend the next four years at every TCHC building and board meeting, at every TTC board meeting....he make himself a pain with continued and unending public presentations at Committees and Exec...it will make no difference whether he is an elected Councillor or member of the general public he'll be a bee under Council's bonnet....

Well, that is assuming he lives four more years and/or doesn't step down.

Remember that episode of The Simpsons when Mr Burns was running for governor, and at the family dinner he spits out the mutated fish (which was mutated by his plant) they were serving?

Yeah, Doug Ford just had that moment.

I don't know how he did in the advanced polls, but come the 27th he won't get too many takers. This is bad, even for Ford Nation. Hell, good luck signing a printing contract after this, as many accounts will look to others for business.

Different Simpsons moment: Uncle Moe's meltdown.

tumblr_m9rjpoyndL1rw7y79o1_500.gif

Though if "Ford dumb luck" struck once again, it'd be through Bitchgate being blown off the front pages by the Ottawa shootings...

It's not a private conversation when you're in a public place.
So many follow up questions can be asked, eg:

Why would you say "that" little bitch if not indicating someone in the immediate vicinity.
Were you referring to someone who pays taxes? Because the 'Ford Mayor' lawn signs claim "Respect for taxpayers" and the b-word indicates the opposite of respect.

The two radio hosts seemed satisfied with his vague response; no attempt to ask probing questions. Then they reminded listeners that requests to have Olivia and John also on the show went unanswered. And then wished DoFo good luck on Monday.

If he's not elected, his motivation for showing up at meetings, etc., will dwindle and die. Remember why he does this: he's addicted to attention from the media and the public---for lack of a better word, the feeling of being a big shot. If he's no longer a big shot except as a "talking head" civilian good for an inflammatory quote or two, the attention will fall away fast because he's got nothing remotely interesting to say. He may also be motivated by spite, especially for awhile after losing, but I don't think that's enough to overcome his natural laziness and indifference. Showing up to every meeting is WORK. He certainly couldn't be bothered to do it as mayor, why would he start as a private citizen?

And throw cancer into the mix...? Forget it. His couch will become his purgatory. I can see him there now, football game on in the background, cordless phone in hand, vague thoughts of phoning up some random resident with a trivial problem, then once again the realization that he doesn't do that anymore. A fitting end.

Didn't want to start a new thread; being that this is the most active "Toronto Issues" thread, I'll post here... No talk on UT about what happened on Wednesday in Ottawa? Not a peep? No opining, linking or referencing? Are we that into ourselves that not one comment has spewed forth about what happened in our nation's capital? What a waste of a forum with I'd guess a few thousand members... It confirms a lot of bad stereotypes about Torontonians, IMO... When does an attack on our country become a "Toronto" issue? Oshawa? Scarborough?

Apology accepted ... I started the discussion.

Rob Ford will be dead soon. Count on it.

Didn't want to start a new thread; being that this is the most active "Toronto Issues" thread, I'll post here... No talk on UT about what happened on Wednesday in Ottawa? Not a peep? No opining, linking or referencing? Are we that into ourselves that not one comment has spewed forth about what happened in our nation's capital? What a waste of a forum with I'd guess a few thousand members... It confirms a lot of bad stereotypes about Torontonians, IMO... When does an attack on our country become a "Toronto" issue? Oshawa? Scarborough?

oh yeah, "starting a new thread" on a Toronto architecture and urban design forum is absolutely the best response to the rise of Islamofascism and the emergence of a homegrown terrorist threat. It's right up there with Shostakovich's Seventh Symphony.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back