News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.5K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.7K     0 

Status
Not open for further replies.
Apparently trustee is only a part-time job.

So is being a Cllr, and look at how challenging it was for Doug, Deco reeling from failed attempts to use CH for market share and Ward 2 ignored, well except for picking on the most vulnerable in Toronto. How could Randy possibly do the job Dougie has done considering his expert business skills, and consummate professionalism dealing with the folks, and uniting Toronto? ;)

That would place Rob three heart beats away from the Mayor's office?

I agree, a dumb idea. I can also picture Rob as a DM constantly running in and out of JT's office as if it were still his own.

Rob would probably consider that a promotion from just a MINO. DM, is practically the same as Mayor. Heck, maybe higher. Tory can go out to those pride parade he loves so much, while the real men like Rob do the real work. You know yelling at potholes, drunk calling constituents between 2-3 am, showing up at work hungover. Doug can co-council for Rob if need be.

Why offer someone with no sense of protocol or propriety a position that demands both?

Speaking of ceremony, one thing I am really looking forward to is not having Nuzi as the Speaker. She is utterly useless, at best.

AoD

DM, is practically the same as Mayor. Heck, maybe higher. Tory can go out to those pride parade he loves so much, while the real men like Rob do the real work. You know yelling at potholes, drunk calling constituents between 2-3 am, showing up at work hungover. Doug can co-council for Rob if need be.

Is that how it works? I picture the DM as sort of like the Vice-Principal in high school. The VP was always had to play the bad cop.

Apparently Doug Ford told CP24 that Rob has been admitted to hospital, and has a cold and swelling in his legs. So treatment is on hold for now.

A cold? From shaking hundreds of hands contrary to your doctor's advice? Humph.

Apparently Doug Ford told CP24 that Rob has been admitted to hospital, and has a cold and swelling in his legs. So treatment is on hold for now.

And once again, the taxpayers are paying for his behaviour.

AoD

Are doctors out there talking to the people? Do they know what it means to be a man of the people? Do they know how to connect to the common folk? No, I didn't think so. Doctors are just elites in white coats... to be ignored, right?

Last edited:
Is that how it works?

Sure, at least that's my best edumacated guess on how it works in Rob's mind, if the last 4 years was any guide. He can be both leader (of a horde of one) of her majesty's municipal opposition (something he already has experience with as a natural contrarian, and hinted at strongly during his victory speech) and DM.

casita said:
I picture the DM as sort of like the Vice-Principal in high school. The VP was always had to play the bad cop.

Rob can perhaps outsource the role of bad cop to Doug, Lisi, "Dave from Scarborough", or many other luminaries he has access to on his rolodex.

Gee, I wonder what could be causing edema, maybe running around aimlessly? I'm thinking it's the lymphatic system, but with the "cold" and his asthma it could be Robbie's lungs and/or heart. If not careful it could easily turn into pneumonia.

Last edited:
Rob would probably consider that a promotion from just a MINO. DM, is practically the same as Mayor. Heck, maybe higher. Tory can go out to those pride parade he loves so much, while the real men like Rob do the real work. You know yelling at potholes, drunk calling constituents between 2-3 am, showing up at work hungover. Doug can co-council for Rob if need be.

Could be a tricky situation for JT, how to handle the former MINO.

Unless my ears deceived me, I believe I heard that Toronto has not had a former mayor on council in over 100 years. And of course, that was long before amalgamation. Add in Rob's still enormous popularity with a lot of people and the sympathy factor of a serious illness.

That's what I admired about Norm Kelly. His tact and diplomacy during a difficult time. It still is a difficult time until the transition.

Good: Maybe the circus has finally left town.
"John Tory tells @CP24 he said no thanks to invite from @JimmyKimmelLive Says he would do CNN to plug TO biz and travel."
https://twitter.com/lizchurchto/status/527580714121052161

Last edited:
Before the election, #topoli media would be tweeting all about Rob Ford being readmitted into hospital. Now? Not so much.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back